Question

C-D Student
Student
C-D
Message 1 of 1 (289 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus All in One Printer/Copier/Scanner Software Install

I have a new printer that I was trying to install.  There was software already on the computer from the install of a networked version of the same type of printer.  I was unable to install the software.  I tried to remove the software using the program uninstall and the control panel uninstall.  Neither worked.  I manually removed the device from the device manager after a couple more reboots.  I tried again both ways to remove the software.  Nothing worked here.

When I searched for new printers it finds 4 HP versions; my network one, one with http/192.168.0.102.3911/, one with HPEBBDE(HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus) http//[fe80::461e:a1ff:fee9:b0eb%13]:3911/, and one with 192.168.0.102.  I have tried to install and removed all of them (with great difficulty and many reboots since I cannot uninstall the software).

I have called HP support a couple of times.  The first time I called the printer support passed me to the computer support who told me the problem was Windows Installer and I needed to reformat the entire system and start all over again.  I did not want to do this for obvious reasons.  I did actually make the one with the IP address work but it did not have the scan drivers installed and would not scan (no scanning software recognized).  I have tried several times to run the install off the website unsuccessfully.

When I called printer help again they told me that the AV software was blocking the unistall.  I disabled that and was still unable to remove the software.  Many attempts for uninstalls and rebots still have not worked.

I am out of things to try and will call the help again one more time for more ideas.  Anyone have anything that I could possibly try?

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation