Question

Honor Student
leojoel
Message 1 of 9 (12,788 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - Windows 8 Drivers?

I recently purchased an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus All-in-One when my system was running on Windows 7. After upgrading to Windows 8 (Pre-release), I was no longer able to scan to my PC with the HP Scan function. After my installation disc stopped reinstallation of the drivers due to an incompatible OS version, I took to HP's site. I then browsed HP's support site to download the latest drivers and was shocked to see that they don't support Windows 8 (for this model at least). I understand this is pre-release version of Windows, however, this new Windows version is set to be released in less than two months. I seriously hope I have overlooked or missed something. I still hold HP as an innovative company...I'm sure they've found a way to make their printers compatible with Windows 8.  If anyone can point me to a link to download drivers for this printer for Windows 8, I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Honor Student
leojoel
Message 2 of 9 (12,782 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus - Windows 8 Drivers?

I contacted HP Support via chat and according the the tech I chatted with HP is 'currently working on it' and 'software for windows 8 is currently not available right now'. No alternate solutions were offered by the tech.

Student
LuisR
Message 3 of 9 (9,643 Views)

Is this still a problem.  I have upgrade ti Win 8 Pro and I can scan with the HP OfficeJet Pro 8600?

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 9 (9,274 Views)

This should not be an issue anymore as HP has produced drivers for the Officejet Pro 8600 Plus for Windows 8.  This thread was from the time when Microsoft had the Pre-Release out and not a full OS version.  HP has since produced a full feature driver for the complete OS released by Microsoft.

If anyone needs the drivers for this printer on Windows 8, then click here

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
puttali
Message 5 of 9 (9,246 Views)

My computer which has Windows 8 as OS is not able to pair with HP Officejet Pro 8600plus, help me out.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 6 of 9 (9,197 Views)

@ puttali -  How are you trying to install the Officejet Pro 8600 Plus? (usb, ethernet, or wireless)

Do you get any errors when trying to install the printer?  If you are installing USB, did you make sure to run the install file and plug in the USB cable when it asks?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Student
MBonnycastle
Message 7 of 9 (5,250 Views)

It works :smileyvery-happy::smileylol:

Student
ahlgren101
Message 8 of 9 (3,669 Views)

Dear Sirs,

I recently bought a an HP 700-027c PC and the CD for my HP Office Pro 8600 printer does not work. Please send me the upgrade so I can use my printer. I can not afford to by a new printer for my office at this time.

Please help me. Thx. erick

Master's Graduate
HandyAndy14
Message 9 of 9 (3,666 Views)

Hi ahlgren101,

I will be able to direct you to the download for the most up to date drivers for your HP Officejet Pro 8600.

Which operating system is running on your new HP computer? Click here to find out the operating system of your computer.

I need the "Product Number" from your printer as well. If you're not sure how to retrieve this number, please watch the video from the following webpage: http://goo.gl/e9s7tu

HandyAndy14
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation