Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi E-1,

Install this printer over USB on your Toshiba computer, and let me know if you experience the same issues?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Unplugged ethernet cable.

Plugged active USB cable into printer.

All USB drivers were automatically installed.

Ran Print Scan doctor on USB printer: All green checks...NO PROBLEM

The problem appears to be scanning over an ethernet connection from 32-bit Win7 Pro PC.

HP Recommended

Hi E-1,

Ok, since you other computers are not affected I would have to say there is a program or something in the operating system blocking the communication with the printer. Plug the printer back in using the Ethernet cable, and then type the Printers IP Address into the address bar of Internet Explorer, and then let me know if you are able to see the printers EWS - Embedded Web Server page from this computer?

Also do the same on the other computer's and let me know if you can access the EWS?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Both PCs can see the printers EWS page via IE on wired ethernet connection.

HP Recommended

Hi E-1,

Run the Print and Scan doctor again, and let me know if you are still seeing the same issues?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Running Scan Doctor on the 32-bit machine with both the network and usb printers installed and both cables connected, I am asked to choose either the network or USB device.  Choosing the network device, and selecting Fix Scanning,  the Driver test initiates a scan and asks to select a device again; selecting the Network device fails and presents a green check on Device Manager and Driver Check, and fails on thw WIA Scan.

HP Recommended

Hi E-1,

WIA - Windows Image Acquisition is part of the Windows operating system on your computer. It appears you may have some issues with the operating system on this computer. At this point you may want to call our technical support at 800-474-6836. With your approval they can log into your computer, and check to see if there is anything which may be blocking the communication with this printer. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpsupport/index.pl

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I called technical support.  the case was escalated twice.  neither technician could find anything wrong with the configuration of my computer after a couple hours of de-installing and re-installing the HP software.  The last suggestion made by a support manager was to load the 64-bit operating system.  Not an option.

Hi E-1,

Since the printer is working fine on the other computer It appears that something in the operating system on this computer is contributing to the installation failure. Have you concidered backing up your data, and then run a full system recovery on this computer?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

My printer was setup wirelessly and working perfectly.  Now it won't print and it won't scan.  I have tried to un-install and re-install the drivers from the web (I have no clue where the CD is...) but noting works.  I am not going to install this printer on another computer; that is an obnoxious suggestion.  IT was working one day, then it stopped working.  The printer still has it's connection to my wireless network, and it has an ip address.  The ip must have changed, but I updated that in the Update IP utility (yes, I rebooted) still nothing.  Regretting this purchase, want a refund.

If I install directly via IP I can print, but I need ALL of the functionality.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.