HP Officejet Pro 8600 initial setup (2306 Views)
Student
brn2rnjk1
Message 1 of 2 (2,306 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 8600 initial setup

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium

Windows XP

Just bought this and have 2 questions.

1.  My Windows XP machine doesn't have wifi but is ethernet connected to the internet.  I used the USB set up, but was wondering if there was a way to set up the printer to my network through its wifi and have my XP connect through the ethernet to the printer.  Want to enable e printing etc.

2.  My daughter has wifi (iMac running Snow Leopard). 

A,  I used the iMac built in programs and set up her computer to connect wifi to the HP.  Should I have used the disks enclosed with the HP or is this okay?  It does print but not sure this is the best, because.

B.  I notice it can take a long time for the HP to wake up from sleep when printing from this computer.  Is that normal?

THANKS!

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 2 (2,278 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro 8600 initial setup

Hello brn2rnjk1

Please try the following article it should help with setting up the network connection.

Installing printer software for network printing

The above includes multiple operating system options. As for the mac you can also find the latest HP drivers for the 8600 from the following page.

Officejet 8600 Software

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation