Question

Student
Elly26
Message 1 of 1 (131 Views)

HP Officejet Pro 86000 won't connect via USB

So we got a new printer a few weeks ago, because we haven't had a working one in ages. We set up all the hardware, then ran the installation CD. It connected fine, and printed like a dream, then all was good.

But today I went to print a document, and i tcouldn't connect to the printer. It said to check connections and that the printer was on, and all that was fine. Then it said i would have to reinstall the software. I thought this would be okay, so I uninstalled the printer stuff, then put the installationj CD in again. This time it went fine until just after I'd said USB connection. It asked me to connect the USB, or connect it later. It wouldn't detect that it was already in. I tried several times restarting the add printer programme. All the software is installed, except the actual printer connection. I have unplugged and replugged, and tried a different cord but it doesn't change. It makes the USB connection noise when I plug it into the computer, but the programme just won't read it!

I don't know what else to do. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling again, but it won't detect the printer!!

HELP PLEASE!!!

Regards, Elly

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation