Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8610 on Windows 7 x64.  It says 4x6 photo paper is supported.  But, when I tried to print to this size, the 8610 refuses to pickup the paper.  I've tried all the 4x6 HP photo paper settings, but still no go.

Is 4x6" photo paper not supported?  Or, how do I get it to print at this size?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please click HERE to access steps that should resolve the issue.

If issue still persists, please call HP Tech Support for further assistance.

If you are in US , the toll free # is 1-800-474-6836 .

If you are not in US , then log on to www.hp.com , at bottom-left corner there is a world map icon, click on it and then select the region you belong to, which would then provide support options for you for that region.

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Yes, I followed all those instructions earlier before I posted on the forum.  But, it did not help as the printer refused to pickup the 4x6 photo paper.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Could you please try to place the glossy side of the photo paper facing down in the tray and check if it pulls in the paper.

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Hello,

Yes the glossy side is facing down, but the paper won't get drawn in.

HP Recommended

Hello, 

Please click HERE to access the steps that should resolve the issue.

You may have to try Solution Three .

. If issue still persists, please call HP Tech Support for further assistance.

If you are in US , the toll free # is 1-800-474-6836 .

If you are not in US , then log on to www.hp.com , at bottom-left corner there is a world map icon, click on it and then select the region you belong to, which would then provide support options for you for that region.

Regards,
Jabzi

HP Recommended

Hi there,

there are 3 things to note when printing photo media on this printer:

1) Software selection

2) stack height of photo media (there is a sticker indicating the maximum stack height of photo media in the paper tray)

3) width adjustor. as you are printing to 4x6 photo media, do ensure the 2 width adjustors and 1 front adjustor of the paper tray are adjusted to the correct size.

Last but not least, ensure the paper tray is inserted fully, there will be a 'Click' sound when the installation is correct

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04117836

Solution 2> Step 2

Hope this helps.

Although I am an HP employee, I speak for myself.
HP Recommended

why does HP make this post card printing so stupid difficult, used to be about a 2 step process...not worth the trouble, wish I had not bought the 8610 Pro

HP Recommended

Need assistance on 4x6 borderless printing on HP9=8610 all-in-one. How/where to feed paper.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Please click HERE to access the steps that should resolve the issue .

Regards,
Jabzi

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.