Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I got my 8610 fully working under windows 10.

There are a few things to do when upgrading.

1.  Disconnect/turn off printer

2.  Upgrade to Windows 10

3.  Remove ALL HP printer software

4.  Run a registry cleaner (CCleaner worked great for me)

5,  Install Windows 10 drivers & connect printer

All scanning and printing functions work well for me now on my 8610 under windows 10.

HP Recommended

thank you - I will try it and let you know if it works!

HP Recommended

I have the HP 8610.  I have tried the install wizard and the plug n play installation but it will not work with Windows 10.

HP Recommended

As of 11/11/15 there seems to be no update.  

HP Recommended

I too cannot access my Officejet Pro 8610 from my Windows 10 PC.   There seems to be a lot of folks in my position.  We are all waiting for a way forward from HP.   IS there a planned date when we should have the answer to this challenging situation? 

HP Recommended

I am in the same boat.  I have tried for over two months all of the various suggestions on getting this to work and to no avail.  Any update on when/if this will be fixed -  I am about to buy a new (NON HP) printer because I am so frusterated by this. 

HP Recommended

Finally Solved!!! I have HP printers 8600, 8620, and 2510 and could not install the software drivers for any of them on my new Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10....they would not connect or find the printers after installing...spent 3 days trying to figure out until I finally got my brilliant son to come over and look to see if he could do it and HE DID!!! I can't believe that the solution was to TURN OFF WINDOWS FIREWALL!!! I've also done this with my desktop at home running windows 10, which I was able to print to, but now scan through the software....turned off the firewall and it installed no problem! Hope this helps...HP needs to fix this!!! Hope this helps!!

HP Recommended

The really stunning thing is that hp hasn't addressed this yet.

Windows 10 has been out officially since summer'15, and probably even before that to developers like hp.

Of course, it's not in their interest to update their drivers or help in any way, because their business plan is that you'll just cave and buy a new printer.

HP Recommended

have tried all of the fixes, installed and re-installed the software, hp support sent me a new printer for 90 bucks, saying that it was the problem and I am at wits end.  Has anybody had any luck with any other wireless printers (incl non HP)  I have better things to do than continually trouble shoot this mess.

HP Recommended

This worked for me and another user (http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2692979) I saw while searching to post my solution to try to help other frustrated people out there.

After trying many other things in addition to uninstalling and reinstalling complete driver package,  the solution for me after  was to go to Printer Properties, Advanced, New Driver go through the wizard and choose HP and then Officejet Pro 8600 Class.  I think the problem is the driver that HP is providing for the Officejet Pro 8610 -- it just doesn't work with Windows 10.  After changing to the Officejet Pro 8600 Class printing started working.  Didn't try scanning because user didn't need it.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.