HP Officejet Pro L7680 Printer will not print Magenta (3970 Views)
Student
aujersey0643
Message 1 of 5 (3,970 Views)

HP Officejet Pro L7680 Printer will not print Magenta

Printer will not print Magenta - All photos come out yellow & green. Ink Levels are above half.  The Print diagnostic page says everything is OK; however, it does not show Magenta.

Printheads have been cleaned.

Thank you for your support

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 5 (3,963 Views)

Re: HP Officejet Pro L7680 Printer will not print Magenta

The Magenta\Cyan printhead nozzles might have been blocked by dried ink. However, I would suggest you remove the printhead and clean the electrical contacts on the printhead and the carriage first. If this doesn't work, then run the 3-level printhead cleaning process from the Printer Toolbox on your PC, and not the one available through the printer menu.

If this doesn't help either, then check the End of Warranty date on the printhead. If the warranty has expired, then install a new MC printhead. If it's still under warranty, then call HP Tech Support for a printhead replacement.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Intern
Sewingmom
Message 3 of 5 (3,853 Views)

I have a officejet L7680.  I am having problems with it printing.  When it prints, some of it doesn't completely print.  I can clean the printheads and then it will print correctly for about 2 more pages and it starts to skip ink again.  I have changed and put a new ink cartridge and it still will print for about 2 pages and then it will still do it.  Again I clean the printheads and it will do it again.

What is the next step I should take or what seems to be the problem?

Honor Student
jafvalue
Message 4 of 5 (2,861 Views)

Sell the machine, its too costly to maintain, I 've had the same problem in black. By the cheapest most reliable inkjet on the market. So when it breaks you can throw it away or sell it for parts. Use  an old fashion scanner and fax machine. Hp created a problem they knew this would be costly but does not care.. What you may have to do is find a repair shop to clean out the lines. I was told it would cost $50. You cannot buy generic ink because it only takes one bad batch to get burned. Hp made sure that its ink process could not be duplicated. I had problem once with a lexmark medley 4c all in one machine. It was not y2k comppliant. When it did not work after 2000 I complained to lexmark about the 8 year old machine. I had paid $800. They sent me a check for  $400. The only problem is at that time lexmark decided to not make lower price all in one machines under $1,000. I went with HP because of the Hype they get. Now I realize that may have been  a mistake. If you go EBay this a business of buying bad 7680's and reselling them. At $70 for a printhead it is not worth it because there is no way you will know if thats the fix. If your print head has not expired it may still be under warranty.

Student
mambaman
Message 5 of 5 (2,760 Views)

I have a brand new Photosmart all in one B110a and it doesnt print magenta for some reason-have tried cleaning all the printheads as advised-no joy!

Is this something to do with my settings or that I have an iMac? It uses up the magenta ink when I print but it doesnt appear to show on the print itself (or red or any colour associated with it)

Any help appreciated...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation