HP PHOTOSMART C7180 (5144 Views)
Top Student
SWEXY93
Message 1 of 9 (5,144 Views)

HP PHOTOSMART C7180

I have a HP Photosmart C7180 I purchased in 07 I don't print much so I just changed out all the ink cartridges which cost me well over 40.00. Now I'm getting an error message of Ink system has failed. Unable to copy, receive faxes, or print. Refer to printer documentation. Error 0xc18a0206. Turn powe off, Then on again......I hope this does mean I have to purchase a new printer!!!!!!! Can someone help me......Please!!!!

Teacher
k_sudarshan
Message 2 of 9 (5,126 Views)

Re: HP PHOTOSMART C7180

Remove the cartridges from the printer.

Follow the steps below to power cycle your all-in-one:

1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Disconnect the USB/Ethernet cable from the All-in-One and also disconnect power cable from All-in-One and also from wall outlet.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power cable to All-in-One and also to wall outlet.

If the issue persists, follow the below steps:

Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by following these instructions:

1. Unplug the power cable from printer when the printer is powered on.
2. Press and hold # and 6 while plugging in the power cord.

Note:
A semi-full reset will do the following:
The user settings to the factory defaults, Language and country settings on some models, Fax logs, Fax headers, Fax speed dial information.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Top Student
SWEXY93
Message 3 of 9 (5,120 Views)

I tried both resolution and it still has the same error message....Any other ideas??????

Teacher
k_saul
Message 4 of 9 (5,116 Views)

Hi, 

To resolve the ink system failure 0xc18 error you need to perform a IDS reset on the printer. For that you need to contact the HP chat support. Before that remove all the cartridges and make sure that they are not expired. 

The expiry date will be on the back/side of the cartriges. 

You can get in to HP chat from the below link:

http://h50203.www5.hp.com/HPISWeb/Customer/AdviceDisclaimer.aspx?option=activechat&callfrom=hp&origi...

They will do a IDS reset to resolve the issue. 

If the issue resolved,

Saul
Tech Support Eng.
HP

Top Student
SWEXY93
Message 5 of 9 (5,102 Views)

A million thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teacher
k_saul
Message 6 of 9 (5,097 Views)

Hi,

You are most welcome. I hope your issue is resolved and printer is working fine.

You can catch me in FB also:

http://www.facebook.com/Surjith.K 

If the issue resolved,

Saul
Tech Support Eng.
HP

Honor Student
fatamorgana57
Message 7 of 9 (841 Views)

I have done all you have written in this chatconversation, but I still get errorcode 0xc18a0206 on my all-in-one. The last desperate hope was to get an IDS reset. but I can't get that on my C7180, because I'm from Sweden. And the only country in you supportlink in this conversation I can choose are US and Canada. Could you be so kind, and tell me what to do - please....! I really don't want to buy a new printer.

HP
HevnLgh
Message 8 of 9 (765 Views)

Hello fatamorgana57,

I understand you are getting an error message on the front panel of your printer. I have sent you a private message on the Forums, please check your inbox and I will watch for your reply.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Student
kcorn71
Message 9 of 9 (141 Views)

I am also getting the 0xc18a0206 error and have tried resetting the printer. I have also installed all new cartridges.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation