HP PSC 1300 SERIES ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER (19540 Views)
Student
Linda3116
Message 1 of 2 (19,540 Views)

HP PSC 1300 SERIES ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER

my HP motherboard went and my boss gave me a free dell computer - we can't get the printer to install and be recognized - do I need a special adapter?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (19,485 Views)

Re: HP PSC 1300 SERIES ALL-IN-ONE PRINTER

Linda3116 wrote:

my HP motherboard went and my boss gave me a free dell computer - we can't get the printer to install and be recognized - do I need a special adapter?

What is your operating system?  Generally the all-in-one devices need to have the drivers installed before you connect the printer.  If you do not have the driver CD or if you are running Vista then select your printer form the list here, then select the proper operating system and download the drivers.  Run the setup program and do not connect the printer to the computers until instructed to by the install program.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation