Question

Top Student
edd7368
Message 1 of 7 (2,804 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP PSC 1317 All-in-One Printer Windows 7 64 bit driver failed to install

Hi,

HP PSC 1317 All-in-One Printer Windows 7 64 bit driver not working.  I have tried to install the driver after the incredibly long (362 mb) download to be told by windows that there is no driver.  I have un-installed all the software 3 times and re-installed.  I've unplugged, disconnected, re-downloaded and re-installed.  I've downloaded the vista 64 bit drivers (they don't work).  I've come to your website to seek support which is denied to me because the printer is outside warranty.  Unless, of course, I would like to pay for it.  Which I don't, having spent considerable time (see above) trying to get this to work on Windows 7.  Final thing was to install it on another machine, which I have just done with exactly the same result and no evidence of anyone else experiencing the same problem anywhere.

What do I now need to do to get this printer to work?

hp psc 1317 error windows 7 64 bit driver.jpg

Student
SteveG43
Message 2 of 7 (2,742 Views)

Re: HP PSC 1317 All-in-One Printer Windows 7 64 bit driver failed to install

I tried downloading the 64 bit driver for the 1317 last night and had exactly the same problem. Disabling programs at start up made no difference. Clearly there's some fundamental problem with the current 64 bit Windows 7 driver. What's the answer?

Top Student
edd7368
Message 3 of 7 (2,666 Views)

I solved this in the end by using Windows update which then installed a driver. 

This has not been a great experience.  

Why have a download for the Windows 7 64 bit vesion of this printer which puts on all the other bloatware from HP but contains no driver.  Then you do the update from Microsoft to obtain a signed HP driver???  Why can't the HP driver actually be contained in the alleged download from HP so you can dodge all the crap software which I just uninstall anyway.  What a huge waste of time and effort.  Two weeks to solve a problem which should have been done in twenty minutes.

Not good customer PR on any level. 

Honor Student
denny99
Message 4 of 7 (2,074 Views)

Honor Student
denny99
Message 5 of 7 (2,073 Views)

HP PSC 1317 All-in-one printer windows 7 64 bit driver failed to install. what do i do?

Top Student
illearth
Message 6 of 7 (890 Views)

Nothing but problems with this printer and all HP printers. They are not compatible with any software
Student
prashanthvenkat
Message 7 of 7 (235 Views)

Re: HP PSC 1402 All-in-One Printer failed to install in a Windows 7 64 bit driver HP laptop

Dear sir,

I echo your problem since i am facing the same issue  

I find that printers and scanners made during the time of windows XP does not work with windows 7. Even when I go online  after connecting the printer directly to pick up the up to date software and download the 315 mb file. At the end of everything it says fatal error. I dont understand this.  Just because the technology advances you dont deliberately force us to purchase new products by just not providing upgradable drivers. If the printer is still in working condition, why is it that the driver is obsolete. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation