HP PhotoSmart 7510 won't print (632 Views)
Student
Never_HP
Message 1 of 2 (632 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP PhotoSmart 7510 won't print

We installed and had the HP PhotoSmart 7510 up and working on our wireless just fine.  Then we called HP about downloading an application.  The HP service person decided to "repair" our PC.  While he was working on it, we started to notice that MS applications were disappearing.  We told him to stop and he did.  But he was not able to restore the PC or the applications.  We spent 4 hours with Microsoft to get things back to where they were.  Ever since then we have not been able to print to the printer.  The printer thinks it connected to our wireless and can do upgrades or at least says we have the current software.  But our PC and laptops can not find it on the wireless.  I noted that you told another person to check the IP address on the printer and that it shouldn't be 169.254.  The printer IP is 169.254.237.217 and I can't change it.  Is this the problem and how can I change the IP address?  The wireless is set up with channel 11 and WPA and I don't want to monkey with it.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 2 (607 Views)

HP PhotoSmart 7510 won't print

That 169.254.237.217 is an invalid IP address. I would try connecting the printer back to your wireless network. To do this just use the front panel of your printer and use wireless setup wizard.

Let me know if this helps.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation