Question
HP PhotoSmart Premium c309a Bluetooth
Replies (28)

Honor Student
Jrrobert
Message 21 of 29 (2,667 Views)

Re: HP PhotoSmart Premium c309a Bluetooth

Hi guys,

I was able to test this on my own photo smart C309a and had no issues. When the light was configured to be off it stayed off all night-and when I turned it back on, it stayed on.

Do you have any Bluetooth devices that are auto enabled and auto searching in the area? Can you shut off all the bluetooth devices in the area and test it one more time? Is possible that there is some nearby blue Ray device that will activate that light and turn the Blu-Ray back on even though you have configured it to be turned off.

Also, have you done a cold boot on the system-that is completely unplugging the power cord for over five minutes then plugging it back in? This would be one of 1 July would try. ICs 309A here is working just fine and I cannot duplicate this year.

TRex

Honor Student
geoffbrowne
Message 22 of 29 (2,633 Views)

[ Edited ]

Honor Student
geoffbrowne
Message 23 of 29 (2,628 Views)

am also experiencing this problem.  You switch off Bluetooth radio, but when you switch off and on again it forgets you did this and the bluetooth is enabled again.

The workaround is to manually switch it off every time you switch the unit on, but that doesn't seem a very good advertisement  for a brand new HP printer with all the capabilities of the Photosmart Premium.

My firmware code is as previous contributor ie.  VAx2FN0933AR

A fix for this would be appreciated.

GB.

Student
stenews
Message 24 of 29 (2,590 Views)

Hi mates...

I have the very same iusse than you, guys!! :smileysad:

I hope someelse will do something to fix that!

Honor Student
geoffbrowne
Message 25 of 29 (2,577 Views)

I spent nearly half an hour online with the 'online assistant' .  Went through various resetting procedures, but nothing was able to resolve this issue.  The firmware simply has a bug.  Can these machines not be re-flashed at home ?  Or over the air ?

Come on HP this is not good support.  This is a current range of printers and I bought mine only a few days ago.  How come you are not interested in fixing a simple problem like this for us ?

I certainly will not be recommending HP to any of my clients in future.  First you make your drivers unusable by Windows 2000 users and now you won't fix a simple problem.  Or even respond here to explain why not.

Disgusted.

Student
silverky1
Message 26 of 29 (1,904 Views)

I am on my 4th replacement/refurbish. HP is not the company it used to be, it used to build reliable product and the printer division should be disbanded to even market a product that can't support bluetooth, the problem from the symptoms is the lack of a hard resent that has to happen after each job, "it gets lost" when rediscovery attempts to take place. HP tech support has NO INTEREST in solving this problem since it will require a hard wire change , and/or the software to resent the chip on board can't be done apparently. HP could have a class action suit based on misrepresentation of selling a "bluetooth "enable product. I am in UTTER shock and glad I found this forum, the case manager I talked to today sad NO ONE has had this problem before, obviously she was lying or ignorant of this situation I am thinking of switching totally out of HP product and into APPLE

Student
APMH19
Message 27 of 29 (1,808 Views)

Like others, I'm truly  surprised at this bug - my experience with HP goes back decades and this is the first problem product I have had. My version number is also VAx2FN0933AR.

Surely somebody has fixed this by now ...

Honor Student
geoffbrowne
Message 28 of 29 (1,796 Views)

[ Edited ]

So, does HP not monitor these threads in their 'support' forum with a logo top right that reads 'TOTAL CARE'.

Are they content that so many people are vowing 'never again' to HP products ?  I see the first post in this thread has been read over 1300 times, so there are clearly a lot of poeple with related problems.

As a software engineer, I am certain this bug will be a simple thing to fix in the printer firmware, so I can only summise that perhaps it is not possible to field re-flash the memory on this current range of printers?  What a load of crap HP.

Difficult to believe in these days of 'HP total Care' companies the size of HP don't give a ....

Absolutely disgusted.

I have raised this issue again with their automated 'support' service, referencing to this thread and got a response.. "Thank you for submitting your e-mail to Hewlett-Packard's Customer Care. You should receive a system generated acknowledgement within 1 hour". We will see.

Can I suggest that everyone who has this problem does the same and perhaps we can get their attention and maybe a little service ?

Tutor
StumpyBloke
Message 29 of 29 (1,787 Views)

I think what we have to all appreciate is, and this is just my opinion, HP actually couldnt care less full stop, end of!!

They have moved on to newer models, they have our money, and thats it.

Its appauling, but it is what it is!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation