Message 1 of 3 (1,863 Views)

HP Photosmart 2610 cartridge error

Hopefully someone can help me with this...  I just replaced both printer cartridges with brand new HP cartridges on my HP Photosmart 2610.  I keep getting an error that says "Remove and check cartridge on right".  This is a brand new black #97 cartridge.  I have removed and checked it many times, to no avail.  I removed the protective tape from it as directed and can see nothing wrong with it.  I have compared it with the #97 cartridge that was in the printer prior to this new one and can see no visible problems!   This printer is not new and I have changed cartridges many times.  I have also unplugged and uncabled this printer then restarted, but nothing seems to work.  Are there some faulty HP 97 cartridges?  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Message 2 of 3 (1,620 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 2610 cartridge error

I'm have the same problem regarding removing cartridge that it's wrong etc. My problem started when I tried to set-up my lap top to use same printer as my desktop. I tried to download new driver but I keep getting error messages and upon installing it

goes down to 8 percent and stops. Can anyone help me???

Regents Professor
Message 3 of 3 (1,598 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 2610 cartridge error

Try cleaning the cartridge contacts (details here )

If that doesn't resolve the problem, then contact Phone Support as you may require a replacement cartridge. You can check if the cartridge is still within warranty by checking the date as shown here

Best Regards, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation