HP Photosmart 2610 cartridge error (1515 Views)
Student
paulette86
Message 1 of 3 (1,515 Views)

HP Photosmart 2610 cartridge error

Hopefully someone can help me with this...  I just replaced both printer cartridges with brand new HP cartridges on my HP Photosmart 2610.  I keep getting an error that says "Remove and check cartridge on right".  This is a brand new black #97 cartridge.  I have removed and checked it many times, to no avail.  I removed the protective tape from it as directed and can see nothing wrong with it.  I have compared it with the #97 cartridge that was in the printer prior to this new one and can see no visible problems!   This printer is not new and I have changed cartridges many times.  I have also unplugged and uncabled this printer then restarted, but nothing seems to work.  Are there some faulty HP 97 cartridges?  Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Student
Studiobru
Message 2 of 3 (1,272 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 2610 cartridge error

I'm have the same problem regarding removing cartridge that it's wrong etc. My problem started when I tried to set-up my lap top to use same printer as my desktop. I tried to download new driver but I keep getting error messages and upon installing it

goes down to 8 percent and stops. Can anyone help me???

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (1,250 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 2610 cartridge error

Hi

Try cleaning the cartridge contacts (details here )

If that doesn't resolve the problem, then contact Phone Support as you may require a replacement cartridge. You can check if the cartridge is still within warranty by checking the date as shown here

Best Regards, Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation