Question

Student
StevoSupremo89
Message 1 of 4 (725 Views)

HP Photosmart 4780 Wont start up right

I have an HP Photosmart 4780 and the first time I started it up it worked great but now that I am trying to configure it to a wireless network, every time I turn the printer on the loading screen, with the HP logo and the loading bar, is all I ever see. The menu on the printer will not show up. THe printer is not connected to my computer via USB because I would like to  use it wirelessly. Can anyone tell me how to get the menu to show up on my printer so I can get it to work? Thanks

Student
mike19
Message 2 of 4 (702 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 4780 Wont start up right

StevoSupremo89 wrote:

I have an HP Photosmart 4780 and the first time I started it up it worked great but now that I am trying to configure it to a wireless network, every time I turn the printer on the loading screen, with the HP logo and the loading bar, is all I ever see. The menu on the printer will not show up. THe printer is not connected to my computer via USB because I would like to  use it wirelessly. Can anyone tell me how to get the menu to show up on my printer so I can get it to work? Thanks

Good luck I have the same issue with the printer HP replaced due to the first printer had the same problem you are addressing.  Now I have two printers that do the same thing.

Master's Graduate
Miles
Message 3 of 4 (667 Views)

Hi Guys,

I tried changing the SSID (either shortening/lengthening by 1 character) and it seems to have fixed my problem. I’ve also tried to tweak the other settings but it didn’t seem to help.

I did this by changing the SSID on the Wireless Router / Access Point.

This is what I’ve done:

• Shut down the printer (Photosmart C4700)
  • Change the SSID on the Wireless Router/Access Point and save the settings
  • Subsequently changed the SSID on my Laptop that is wirelessly connected to their Photosmart C4700 device.
  • Power up the printer – yay it works!
  • Run USB Setup Of Wireless to include the SSID and then connect to the AP

• Take heed that improperly changing the settings may interrupt wireless communication if done improperly; and be sure to change the SSID on all of your  Laptops, Desktop and any other wireless devices on their network.
Miles
HP Employee
Honor Student
nickp85
Message 4 of 4 (597 Views)

I went through 2 of these 4780 printers before HP gave me a $140 online gift card to go back and purchase any printer I wanted.  I went with the B209a and am quite happy now.  HP admitted the C4780 has software issues and they're working on it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation