Question
HP Photosmart 5510 All-in-One Printer; Windows Vista; Custom Print Paper Size
Replies (20)

Tutor
Una_Kilgarriff
Message 11 of 21 (1,051 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5510 All-in-One Printer; Windows Vista; Custom Print Paper Size

Before I do what you said I need to know it is not going to interfere with me printing wirelessly to my 5510 printer as I use printer from 2 computers, a desktop and laptop. Can you tell me that all will be well before I start this new printer installation?
Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 12 of 21 (1,046 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 5510 All-in-One Printer; Windows Vista; Custom Print Paper Size

Hello Una_Kilgarriff

The steps in the previous post shouldn't interfere with printing to the 5510.  Let me know if you run into any problems though.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Tutor
UnaKil
Message 13 of 21 (1,026 Views)

Hello

I have just tried to do what you instructed to set a Custom paper size for the above printer. I got to stage 6 of installing the new HP printer driver but after the Windows update the 990c printer does not exist in my list.

I am using Windows Vista Business.

Úna

Tutor
UnaKil
Message 14 of 21 (1,025 Views)

Travis

Can you please look back on the posts as I just sent one informing you that the instructions you sent do not work for me. It is not placed at the end of the correspondence so I am afraid it may get lost!

Úna

Tutor
UnaKil
Message 15 of 21 (1,024 Views)

Travis

Sorry I found it!  I am now going on with the rest of the instructions and will let you know how it goes.

Úna

Tutor
UnaKil
Message 16 of 21 (1,022 Views)

I have gone through all the steps. I don't always see the options you mentioned but I went into Server Properties/Forms and set a Custom Form. I saved it.  It does not appear in any of the paper sizes available to me. I am currently using the 990c driver.

Any further help will be greatly appreciated.

Úna

Provost
pcwizard
Message 17 of 21 (1,011 Views)

Hi UnaKil,

If you create the custom paper size in the application are you able to send it to the printer without an error?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
UnaKil
Message 18 of 21 (1,008 Views)

I don't know what size paper to set for the Printer. I don't see any new size available after setting the new 'Form' size.

Una

Provost
pcwizard
Message 19 of 21 (1,004 Views)

Hi UnaKil,

Create the customer paper size in the printing application software, and then try printing to the printer. Let me know what happens?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Student
tduby1
Message 20 of 21 (924 Views)

I tried to create a custom size by following the instructions to install teh hp deskjet 990c driver. It didn't work. I  previously owned a HP Photosmart 3200 series printer and know that I could create custom sizes using that driver so I went ahead and followed the same instructions but installed the HP Photosmart 3200 series driver and it worked! Hopefully that will help someone else. Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation