02-11-2011 09:35 PM
I am trying to add an old HP Photosmart 7150 Printer to my Windows 7 64-bit system. I read something on the Microsoft webpage that said the two were not compatible, but I just want to make sure that that is true. It looks like there is a driver for Windows 7 when I looked up the printer on the HP website, but it says it downloads with the Windows Updates. Is Windows 7 compatible with this old printer? Do I have to download anything manually?
09-19-2011 09:24 PM
I have Windows 7 Pro edition and it loaded for me ok on a reboot and had been working fine until just recently. Didn't have to download anything and I dont think there is even anything available on the HP website for pro edition other than a utility.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)