Question
HP Photosmart 7515, 7510 (model C311a) Turns Off by itself
Replies (30)

Top Student
BartWilson
Message 21 of 31 (1,063 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7515, (model C311a) Turns Off by itself

Hi everyone.  In response to the question recently asked of me: no, I did not have to unplug it or remove the power cord to reset it.  I simply turned it off; waited a few seconds and then turned it on again.

And... with due respect, I know what it's like to get really mad, but I also know it doesn't do any good.  The printer only cost me $125 or $150 (don't really remember) and that's not enough to get mad about.  Heck, there are some people in this world who can't even get enough to eat, much less get their wireless printer to work to perfection.

So... let's all cool off a bit.  I'm going to try the new suggestion (change channels) and see if that works.

In the meantime, let me offer a bit of humor to those of you who are frustrated:

Three engineers are driving down the road when their car comes to a stop.  "Oh, this has to be an electrical problem," said the Electrical Engineer.  "We need to get out and check the spark plugs, the fuse box, and the electrical wiring."

"No," said the Mechanical Engineer.  "This is clearly a mechanical problem.  There must be something wrong with one or more of the belts or the engine itself."

"Hey, guys," said the Software Engineer.  "Why don't we just get out of the car and get back in again?"

Honor Student
Bobio
Message 22 of 31 (1,048 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7515, 7510 (model C311a) Turns Off by itself

I tried Auto Power-Off suggestion and it did not fix the problem.

My printer still shuts off by itself and won't log onto my wireless connection when I enter my password.

Does anyone have  a solution for my HP 7510 problem?

Honor Student
dbigpino
Message 23 of 31 (1,017 Views)

I have a 7515 that goes into power save mode even though I turn the feature off.  The printer is connected via USB to a Win 7 PC but is also available to other devices in my house via my wireless network.  I have a Netgear R6300 802.11ac router.  The channel setting is on AUTO and is currently using channel 11.  I had the same issues with my old Linksys EA4500 v1 router.  I used Linksys routers for years but got turned off after being frustrated with continual problems.  I decided to give the new Netgear router a try.  I have been working with home computers since my TRS-80 back in 1977 and have been working with anything computer related, including deploying various HP printers in multiple locations ever since.  I have seen my share of glitches and gremlins, but this just smells like a design flaw to me.  I have seen numerous posts where people are told that a firmware update will solve the problem.  It appears that the issue is still not resolved.  I guess the bottom line is that the printer still prints and problem can be classified as an annoyance and not a total loss of functionality. Annoyances get pushed further down the priority queue.  I can deal with that, but when this printer wears out (or gets tossed out by my wife and kids) I may have to put other manufacturers at the top of my shopping list.

Honor Student
dbigpino
Message 24 of 31 (933 Views)

I thought I found a fix.  There a number of posts that point out that if you put the printer in demo mode, it will NOT go into sleep mode and you can still print to it.  It worked great  However after some time I get an error 0:0xb893eb84 on the display and I have to power cycle to printer to get it going.  Oh well.

Top Student
bpwg55
Message 25 of 31 (771 Views)

May have found a fix.

I've read all the discussions here. Tried all the "solutions' with no luck.

Finally programed the wifi ip address with a static (manual) ip address as opposed to it picking up a dhcp automatic address and now the printer is staying on!  It's been on 24 hours now!

Honor Student
dbigpino
Message 26 of 31 (755 Views)

Sorry to be a buzz kill.  I have been using a static IP and still have had problems with the printer locking up.

Honor Student
ITCentralPoint
Message 27 of 31 (753 Views)

Does anybody else can hear like a cooler running on the printer when on this status?

Teacher
Chrizzy2013
Message 28 of 31 (733 Views)

Hello ITCentralPoint,

I saw your post and would like to help out. Click here to follow the steps to update the firmware.

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say “thanks” for helping!
Please mark a reply “Accept as Solution” if it solved your issue so others can find it.
I work on behalf of HP.

Chrizzy
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the KUDOS STAR on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Honor Student
dbigpino
Message 29 of 31 (620 Views)

I think I may have come up witha solution.  The problem is I find my solution to be unacceptable.  I implemented this fix a week or so ago and I have not problems since (yes, I realize I just jinxed myself).  This is how I have my printer configured:

1) The printer is in demo mode so that it does not shut off.

2) I turned off Wi-Fi on the printer.

3) I connected the printer to a PC with a USB cable.

4) I shared the USB attached printer on the PC.

5) The other devices on my network that need to print, uses the shared printer on the PC.

I find this solution to be unacceptable because I need to disable the printer's Wi-Fi in order to have a shared network printer.  When I have the chance I will take the printer out of Demo mode and see if it still works.  All of my kids are now off to college so the printer doesn't get used as much anymore.  They wish I was able to come up with this solution a year or two ago.

Honor Student
ITCentralPoint
Message 30 of 31 (603 Views)

Hello, thanks for the tip but this does not work. 

I live in Switzerland and I have 2 years warranty, how can I get a replacement or a solution to this problem?

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation