HP Photosmart 7520 Print problems (382 Views)
Tutor
chaslouusn
Message 1 of 5 (382 Views)

HP Photosmart 7520 Print problems

I have Windows Vista and HP Photosmart 7520 Printer.

My prints are to dark to read.  Whenever I attempt to lighten the print it removes the contrast.  I have replaced my HP 7520 two times for smeared ink  and Now I have this problem; unsatisfactory dark prints.

I am reluctant to take the printer back to Best Buy again.  What can I do?  I have run all the tests and setup and no joy.  Should I take it back to Best Buy and try another model?

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 2 of 5 (364 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7520 Print problems

Hi chaslouusn,

I hate to hear you are having print quality issues.  Does the issue occur when you make a copy or print a test page from the front panel?  If the issue occurs when printing from software only, the issue is not within the hardware of the unit.  Documentation related to this issue can be found by Clicking Here.  If the issue occurs when printing from specific software programs adding a generic driver may resolve the issue. Here is a link that will provide the steps for that. Click Here

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
Honor Student
MLH23
Message 3 of 5 (332 Views)

I have this exact problem when I'm printing photos. I print a lot of 8x10 portraits, and they are coming out extrememly dark. I've tried fixing all the settings and nothing seems to work. If this is supposed to be a photosmart printer, it does a terrible job. I went to a friends house and printed out the exact same photos on her Epson, and a Kodak printer and they came out in amazing perfection/quality. Not sure if I can take it back to Best Buy at this point since its been past 30 days...which makes it a complete waste of money. No advice anyone gives me seems to be working and I didn't buy this printer to print documents. I could've gotten a little cheap printer for that. 

Honor Student
MLH23
Message 4 of 5 (330 Views)

Did you every figure out a solution to this problem? I'm having the same issue..did best buy allow you to take it back?
PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 5 of 5 (327 Views)

Hi MLH23,

I hate to hear you are having print quality issues.  Have you tried the suggestions in the links provided in the original post?  Does this occur when printing from a specific program?  Are you able to print a test page without defects?  If the test page prints fine, try adding the generic driver to see if it is software related.

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation