HP Photosmart 7520 Wireless setup Help (Windows 8) (584 Views)
Student
Ericks89
Message 1 of 2 (584 Views)

HP Photosmart 7520 Wireless setup Help (Windows 8)

[ Edited ]

I can connect via usb no problem, but I can not seem to connect via network ala access point.

Both the PC and the Printer are connected to the same networks and I am getting 192.168.1.5 which shows connected and can verify that with my ews for my router and I can see everything it's IP and Mac address.

However when going through the install I get the page that says "Setup has detected your printer is connected to the following network" So even the installer can see it is connected to a network so it's communicating with the PC.

When I click YES it will search for the printer and end up with unable to find printer even though it was able to find the printers network and verify it was connected to a network... 

I've tried on three different OS's, XP, 7, and 8.    They all end with Unable to find printer.

Edit:

While waiting for a reply I decided to try something, for some odd reason the installer's search well just doesn't work (maybe for some but not me.. tried about oh 20 different routers dating from 1998 to 2013. )

If you get "unable to find printer" go to your printers wireless settings and make sure Wireless Direct is on, now go to your PCs wireless connection list you should see HP-XXXX now connect to that network, you will not have internet access but you can test out the EWS and even a network print test.

Make sure you have downloaded the HP install wizard as it can check to see if you have a network printer setup, do not click next!  go to your Printer Assistant and update your IP address, now connect to the network that your printer is on and input the IP address you see on your HPs LCD screen it should be for most 192.168.xxx.xxx  and you should get success.  Now go back to the HP Install wizard and you should now finally see your network printer on your wireless network with the correct IP address so go through the install wizard until you get a confirmation.

Make sure your connected the the HP direct network during the initial setup, then go to update IP address and input the printers IP and don't forget to connect back to your network.  If you get a success from the update IP your good to go just go ahead and finish with the install wizard (not the installer from the CD or website the hppiw installer.

It took some trial and error but finally set it up via wireless network, well now that was JUST for the wirless portion I STILL have to setup on my main PC and the rest of the house I just setup the first wireless Pc out of 5. 

PhD Student
FixPrint
Message 2 of 2 (562 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart 7520 Wireless setup Help (Windows 8)

Hi Ericks89,

Are you still experiencing issues?  Are you able to access the printer's embedded webserver?  If the IP from the printer pulls the web page, running a networked install from each desired PC should resolve the issue; however a USB conversion may be the best path to take.  Security software or firewalls may be causing the issue.  Please see the steps below that may help.  For more information about your product, Click Here .

Wireless install from software:

1. Temporarily disable firewall

2. Run wireless install from HP folder

or

USB conversion from software

1. Go to start menu

2. Click All Programs

3. Click on folder labeled HP

4. Click on folder with device name

5. Click setup and software

6. Choose convert from USB to wireless

Hope this helps!

Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.
Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.
I appreciate your input !
Thank You,
I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation