Question

Top Student
km-autos
Message 1 of 10 (1,174 Views)

HP Photosmart C410. Continued "PRINTHEAD MISSING"

Had this printer just before christmas. Pluged it in installed drivers and went by the book. Error "printhead missing" lifted the lid and cleaned the printhead and replaced inks that many time i didn't count, then the head would not park to change head or inks. .. Contacted HP the sent me new Printheads. arrived 8 days later (well was christmas) low and behold it DID NOT solve the error message.  Contacted HP again.. They now sent me 4 days latter, a new printer.. Yes you guest it...??? Error Printhead Missing. I have been working so not been able to contact HP again.. I feel its my fault and im doing somthing wrong.. BUT reading this fourm i see its a common fault..?? Someone on here says it could be the power  supply.. Before i through more money at it,, or through it back and demand my money back, and not buy HP printers again...  ANY ONE GOT ANY OTHER THING I MIGHT TRY..???

Student
veki
Message 2 of 10 (1,031 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C410. Continued "PRINTHEAD MISSING"

I am getting the same message, after playing around with cartridges.

I am pretty sure the contacts were/are ok, have never touched them anyway.

Tried everything for 2-3 hours, service reset after enetering 1-2-3 ... no luck.

I guess it  detects the ink in there.

After replacing the printhead with another one all ok now.

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 3 of 10 (1,019 Views)

Hello veki

Are you still having the problem? More often than not the following article fixes the problem Sometimes the cartridge may be at fault. Are you using HP or Refilled ink?

Print Cartridge Errors

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Top Student
km-autos
Message 4 of 10 (1,012 Views)

Yes.. Tried All that HP's list says.. HP sent new inks and print head. Sill did the same thing "printhead missing" Went out and bought new inks again 3rd set, Sill the same.. HP sent new printer, Still the same..??

After great expence and alot of reading of other threads, I came to the conclusion it could only be the power pack supply.. Bought one and so far the printer seams to be working OK.. 

So my conclusion is.. HP helped alot by telling me what it might be.. Commet where i got it from didn't want to know.. But had to still sort it myself.  I was going to contact HP for another power supply, but thought it was me not doing the wrong things.. But it was not me..

All in all.. Printer £80+,  3 sets of inks @ £45 a set = £135, and a power supply @ £65+ THIS WAS AN EXPECIVE PRINTER.. It will make me think twice about buying another one..

Student
Edufreestyler
Message 5 of 10 (969 Views)

Hello there,

I don't suppose you still have the replacement printhead? My printer works fine in all colours except for the black one...and after much fiddling I reckon the printhead is the culprit. If you no longer have it, could you tell me what the part number is? My warranty expired on May 23th...how concenient for HP!

Top Student
km-autos
Message 6 of 10 (965 Views)

Hi. Yes I still have the other print head, but i am sorry as i am going to keep it as a spare. This seams to be a common fault, and is lighty to go wrong again and i should be able to put it right straight away. As for the part number, the only number on the box is :- CB32630002 Hope this helps you.

This makes me think twice before i buy HP again. HP never contacted me again to see if i had fixed it, or to re-emberc me for the power pack.

Kevin

Honor Student
nikiju
Message 7 of 10 (791 Views)

HP Photosmart C410a - "PRINTHEAD MISSING"

Hi,

I have the same issue, my warranty expired in December and the printer stopped working in January, interesting.

I purchased a new ink, replaced it and it stopped working. I exchanged the ink, got a whole combo back, replaced all the cartidges, but it doesn't work.

Could anyone please advise me asap since I have to use it?

Thank you!

Niki

Top Student
km-autos
Message 8 of 10 (783 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C410a - "PRINTHEAD MISSING"

This was the worst printer i have every got from hp. I have always had hp. mine worked after i sorted it my self with no help from hp. BUT its now on the scrap heep.. As i use a laser for main printing this printer got used once, may be twice a week. and every time i had to clean print heads and it needed new inks every two weeks as they dried out.... Now got Epson..

Dont rely on hp to help you.. they have your money.?

Honor Student
nikiju
Message 9 of 10 (770 Views)

What was the solution? I tried to clean it/reinstall it but I still have the "Printhead missing" message.

Thank you for your help!

Top Student
km-autos
Message 10 of 10 (763 Views)

Hi Again.. The oridgenal problem was the mains power supply was not strongenough. Replaced that and it went ok.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation