Question

Student
kferguson
Message 1 of 12 (12,919 Views)

HP Photosmart C4400 All-In-One -- Print Cartriges incompatable? Whaaaat? :S

Hallo! :smileyhappy:

I just bought a new printer as noted above and when I clicked in the printer cartriges that came with the printer in the box, the printer notified me that they are "Incompatable Ink Cartriges". Indeed, they are not! I did fumble the cartriges when I opened up the packages (...Both times... OOOPS!!), but cleaned them off with some rubbing alcohol and a Q-Tip yet still they are incompatable. I am wondering if because I touched them (rubbing alcohol step included) the electronic signal from the cartrige to the printer has been damaged? If so, does this mean I'll have to get a new set of cartriges?

Help!!

Thankyou! :smileyhappy:

Intern
Tart_010107
Message 2 of 12 (12,915 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C4400 All-In-One -- Print Cartriges incompatable? Whaaaat? :S

hi..

you should not touch the nozzles cuz it might damaged your ink cartridges..

try to use these steps..

--turn your printer on

--press the buttons one at the time

>>blue , green and gray..

--and then, browse through the menu and find RESETS MENU press OK

--go to Semi-Full reset and then press ok..

--if your printer is shuts down..

--just press the power / On button..

just tell me if it doesnt work..

Honor Student
lukebarker
Message 3 of 12 (12,596 Views)

Hi

I am having the same problem with a c4580 ::

I am trying to set up the HP 4580C printer I have just received from Amazon UK.

I followed the instructions for inserting the print cartidges after powering the printer on. I was careful not to touch the copper connection, and I correctly removed the pink sticker.

I inserted each (black 350 and color 351 cartridge supplied with the printer - official HP inks!). they are definitely in place, but I always get the error message incompatible print cartridges after I close the door again.

This is a terrible error - I have not even used this printer yet and I am using official ink - how can it mistake for incompatible cartridge?

I have tried to do what you said to make a factory reset, but if there is no cartridges in, I cannot access the menu as it says there is a missing cartidge. If I try and do it with the cartidges in (but with the incompatible error) I still cannot access the menu!

Really bad software and hardware :smileysad:

it should be easier to troubleshoot than this.

Luke   

Intern
Exploit109
Message 4 of 12 (12,546 Views)

LUKE:

if your printer is purchased outside the US, the printer region needs to be resetted to US region

call HP support for this for the region reset of the printer so that you can use the US cartridges for the printer

Student
crholguin
Message 5 of 12 (12,398 Views)

I have the same problem: Printer bought in US; incompatible print cartridge message with newly installed, bundled HP cartridges; pressing colored buttons in whatever order does nothing. Help! <please and kindly>
Student
wendyh
Message 6 of 12 (10,067 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem recently and tried doing the things on your suggestion but unfortunately am still having the problem. Do you have any other suggestions?

My printer was bought in the UK and at first I had no problems with it at all, but the message has suddenly occured this week

Student
Swally
Message 7 of 12 (9,638 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C4472 All-In-One -- Print Cartriges incompatable

Purchased in Portugal, with no problems for over a year but suddenly I get the message 'incompatible print cartridges(s). I have carefully followed the instructions to clean the cartridge contacts without success. A friend told me it is part of the software that tries to protect from using refilled cartridges but I have never used anything but original HP's.

Can anyone help?

Student
linch
Message 8 of 12 (8,843 Views)

HP Photosmart C4400 All in One printer in the middle of printing gives error message "imcompatible print cartridge

Student
mrtavares
Message 9 of 12 (6,951 Views)

Doesn't work... pressing the buttons doesn't do anything, so I can't access the menu. I just get the message "Incompatible print cartridge". 

Student
blockwood11
Message 10 of 12 (5,297 Views)

I am getting the message and I have never even touched the nozzles on my ink cartridges. I am a college student who does a moderate amount of printing. I have followed the steps that are listed and did not fix my problem is there anything else I can do to resolve the problem. thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation