HP Photosmart C4680 won't print, is beeping, displays a red "X" and constantly says Scanning (6532 Views)
Honor Student
Tarrmama
Message 21 of 29 (1,737 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C4680 won't print, is beeping, displays a red "X" and constantly says Sc

I did try clicking on the X....no help.   When I finally did get someone at HP, I was told that this was a hardware problem and would have to be repaired by a technician...Ditched the printer and bought another one.  Apparently, HP has had had the same problem quite a few times with this printer and so they claim it to be a hardware problem.  Funny that it happend just one week after my warranty ran out.  Thanks for the input

Student
spalty67
Message 22 of 29 (1,673 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C4680 won't print, is beeping, displays a red "X" and constantly says Sc

I would like to add that I have the same problem and why are there so many people posting a problem yet there is no HP rep posting a SOLUTION!?! Def never getting a HP product again
Student
jdeng
Message 23 of 29 (1,665 Views)

I have exactly the same problem, and I have tryed all of the above, no fix.:smileysad:

Student
fazmkhan
Message 24 of 29 (1,343 Views)

Same exact issue.  I have done everything unplugged the printer and connected back again after a while, downloaded the udpated driver and installed it.  It is a hardware issue.  I close to giving up and just a new printer.  This is frustrating

Student
ForumUser45
Message 25 of 29 (1,318 Views)

[ Edited ]

Got this CRAP printer 2 years ago as a Christmas gift. Knew because it was an HP should have asked for a gift receipt but didn't want to be rude now this PIECE doesn't work. Red x. cannot print thinks your scanning. Cannot scan. Its just a giant paper weight NEVER BUY HP. {Content Removed: Language Filter Evasion}

Student
escubed
Message 26 of 29 (1,273 Views)

I'll add my name to the list of those whose printers gave mysteriously stopped printing.  I downloaded new drivers, tried new cartridges, unplugged, reinstalled, whatever suggestions I could find.  I guess misery loves company and unless I see some sort of response in the next very, very short while I'll also swear off HP.

Student
Eviltacoteddy
Message 27 of 29 (1,134 Views)

So i looked this up due to i was having the same problem when working on my friends printer, So i got it to fix and it was "Scanning" for a computer to talk to , thats all i did now its stuck on Color copying 1/1 so im going to see if i can fix this next but my words are try actually connecting to the printer if your using wireless and if you are connected make sure that the cord hasnt gone bad. So if i end up fixing that too i will repost or edit this if i can (new to the HP forum). Hope this helps many

Student
garrettwilkin
Message 28 of 29 (975 Views)

I am having the same issue.  We had no problems with the printer until it suddenly went haywire.  

As soon as it powers on, it displays the HP logo, and then flashes a black screen, then displays the logo again.  this repeats 5 or 6 times.

Then, since we've added a new cartridge, it instructs us to instert plain white paper.  We hit the OK button, and then the process stalls.  It displays "printing alignment page" and just hangs.  Eventually it says "Scanning" for some reason.

Student
hpsuckssomuch
Message 29 of 29 (567 Views)

HP BLOWS! Same exact problem. as soon as i switched ink cartridge it started acting. up. and wow, my warrenty was up too. tried calling tech and they said i had to pay $199 to upgrade the warrenty or something in order for me to even talk to a technician. kinda funny how HP hasn't said anything! HOW DO WE FIX THIS HP! i used to really like their products. cheap and managable. guess i need to find a new household fave. unless, HP get's off their toosh and help to fix this proble. remember HP Support code: SMM1FN0906AR. Read all the above comments for all the details to this problem. customer care means to help to keep your product working. people are just going to get so frustrated with your maldunctioning equipment that we are all going to leave you and you are going to go broke. this will get viral!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation