Question

Honor Student
maythach
Message 1 of 5 (6,113 Views)

HP Photosmart C4780 Wireless Printing

Hi, 

I just bought the HP Photosmart C4780 Wireless Printer. How do I set up the wireless feed? It works with the cable connected but I want it to be wireless. How would I do this? I am currently using an HP Touchsmart PC and I am living in 

an apartment where there is wireless connection for the whole place. When I tried installing it, HP said that my printer and my network IP didn't match maybe due to the generic manufacturer's name. How do I fix that?!

Greatly appreciated if it can be solved.

Thanks

-May

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 5 (6,097 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C4780 Wireless Printing

When you connect a device, like a laptop, to the apartment's wifi, do you have to enter a password or do you have to let someone connect the laptop for you?

Once your printer is on the network, theoretically, anyone on the network can print to it, you know.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
maythach
Message 3 of 5 (6,087 Views)

Everyone in the building has to log in with their own username and password for the wifi usage.

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 5 (6,080 Views)

OK, you will need to contact the administrator of the network to see if he will allow your printer to connect to his/her network and how to do it.

I am employed by HP
Teacher
mancy_techno
Message 5 of 5 (6,070 Views)

[ Edited ]

To be able to set up wireless printer configuration, there are three basic items that you need to have. They are a high-speed broadband Internet connection (with modem), a high speed wireless router and wireless network adaptors. These three items will be used in setting up the wireless printer. Assuming that there is already an existing network in the home or office space, then all that is needed to do to make the printer available in the network through the operating system’s networking wizard. If not, then the network must first be established, only then the printer will be made available through that network. Hope this helps you.

Good Luck!

Set peace of mind as your highest goal,and organize your life around it.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation