Question

Student
madmax236
Message 1 of 4 (864 Views)

HP Photosmart C4780 - alignment failed

Hello!

I have got All-In-One printer  HP Photosmart C4780 for 3 months and until now it has worked well. But then it started to print pictures in strange and vivid colors. I replaced old cartridge with new and problem was still here.  Then I uninstall all drivers for device and reinstall drivers. After installation I tried to align cartridges and all device.  It does print test page, but it can't scan this page - page is not detected and I got error:  "alignment failed". Printed pictures are still strange and vivid.

What should I do? Maybe I should  try to reset printer - I noticed very small button above ON/OFF button?? Is this reset?

Has anyone had the same problem with this printer? Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Please help.

Thank you for your answers.

Greetings.

Honor Student
bobr13
Message 2 of 4 (655 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C4780 - alignment failed

I had the same problem. Beats me?

Honor Student
bobr13
Message 3 of 4 (607 Views)

anybody?

Student
Gerr
Message 4 of 4 (335 Views)

I got this printer as a bonus for buying my laptop a few years ago.  Within the past two weeks it seems to have a mind of it's own.  I get lots of error messages and it seems to do maneuvers on it's own, displays "alignment failed" and "cancelling" and "insert memory card" - all without me doing anything.  There must be a secret HP spirit floating throughout my house and wreaking havoc on my printer.  Sometimes it makes it completely impossible to print and other times it works. 

I've tried all suggestions that I found online, such as making sure the door on the back of the printer is snapped correctly  into position, snapping and cartridges in and out to make sure they are inserted properly, making sure there is no plastic tape over the cartridges, running online diagnostics.  I'm getting reading to give up but my stubborn nature wants to fix this thing myself, plus I have 3 inkjet cartridges to use up and they are too expensive to let go to waste.

Anyone with any ideas?  I need help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation