HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-One does not print wireless with Windows 7 (2954 Views)
Honor Student
JensP22
Message 1 of 6 (2,954 Views)

HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-One does not print wireless with Windows 7

My printer (C6380) used wireless in a private network, works fine from MAC and from Vista 64, but printing from Windows 7 dissapear into cyberspace without any sign of errors.

Everything checks out ok, exept for the fact that nothing gets printed. When the option 'print directly to printer' (advanced tab) is checked, part of the text is printed.

Solution below - download of newest driver and  reinstall including patch, have been tried 3 times. Last time with antivirus disabled.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01918192&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=da&cc...

Does anyone have a clue?`

Cheers

Top Student
waterbug15
Message 2 of 6 (2,940 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-One does not print wireless with Windows 7

not sure if our problems are one in the same.  i purchased an hp dv7 in the begining of november, some minor kinks in windows 7 but nothing google and an update cant fix. i had an hp c7280 all in one wireless printer set up on my old laptop running windows xp and it worked just fine. i can print with the new laptop but only if i have i plugged in with the usb cable. i searched for updates, drivers etc, took it into best buy where i purchased it (they have been awesome in finding some of the simple fixes for my silly problems even if it was just something i was doing wrong). anyway, last night i found a fix. i went into devices and printers in the start menu,  from there i chose add a device towards the top right. follow the prompts and let the computer discover the printer. added the printer (computer named it hp c7280 copy 2) and set that as my new default. problem fixed!

no new drivers or anything needed. i had checked and checked and it was set as having the same printer as a default before (not the fax, scanner etc)

hope this helps!

Honor Student
JensP22
Message 3 of 6 (2,925 Views)

Hi Waterbug15

Thank you for the, almost genius, suggestion. It really gave me the feeling of 'Yeah this might work' :smileysurprised:)

Unfortunately it didn't. The installation proceeded as you describe, but the resulting printer acts just like the one I get when using standard install.

Never the less, I am convinced you are on the right track, as I believe this problem relates to some kind of 'Windows setup issue'.

The fact is that everything works fine from Vista (and MAC) using the same Wireless connection, only my Windows 7 fails to print.

Cheers

Student
grod14
Message 4 of 6 (1,733 Views)

i dont believe that windows doesnt connect with any bluetooth devices and i think the all in one is via bluetooth

Student
omaljp6
Message 5 of 6 (1,385 Views)

Thanks that worked for me.....only one problem left.....I still can't use my HP Solutions where my scanner is.

If anyone has any suggestions, I've spent two days ont he HP website looking for an answer to no avail.   I too had a XP laptop and now have a Windows 7 laptop.  I'm sure this has something to do with it.  Thanks again!

Student
cityhawk
Message 6 of 6 (1,230 Views)

I installed my 6380 with my old XP laptop and it worked fine. It also used to work with my Windows 7 laptop (after I installed the 64 bit drivers)... but now when I troubleshoot, it finds the printer on the network but says it is not turned on (it is). When I go to print the test page, it lurks in my printer's queue. Any ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation