Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

hp photosmart c7283  eror pump motor stalled

HP Recommended

Thank you for this, you brought back a memory of doing this once before - getting old!  What made you think of this solution?

Best wishes

John 

HP Recommended

Will try the ink thing next time it happens.  It's happened twice to me, so unplugged the printer, and that solved the problem; this time at least.

HP Recommended

wanted to say thank you! don't have to buy a new printer today d/t your advice. it really worked! keep turning the gear until you hear the air expelled from the tubes.

HP Recommended
I have Hp C5180 which finally arrived at the printer pump stalled message after improper switch off etc. with accompanying clunks etc. I took your advice and removed paper and put back, then aggressively removed and put back the inks. Two lots of aggressive removal and return and low and behold it is back working. Thanks for your info.
HP Recommended

The last comment is correct. No help from HP tech says it all.

I've owned one each of the photosmart 5000, 7000 and 8000 model series.  My daughter couldn't complete her project last night because of the pump failure, so today I'll buy a new printer and it won't be an HP.  For many years, our printers and computers were all HP............................ 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.