HP Photosmart C7280 (16068 Views)
Student
roselass
Message 1 of 32 (16,068 Views)

HP Photosmart C7280

Hi my problem happens when I turn off the printer and shut down the computer. I come down the next morning and all the lights on the printer are flashing and I get an error on the screen of the printer B851FE84.  Can anyone help or give some idea who to contact to fix this.  Thanks:smileyhappy:

Top Student
helpy
Message 2 of 32 (16,052 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7280

does anyone else use that printer by any chance, and is that the full error message you receive on screen?

Student
Remy8MyBlutooth
Message 3 of 32 (16,023 Views)

I had the exact same problem (only my error message was different #) and I found this link which actually worked for me:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t705933-hp2710_all_in_one

1.  I unplugged the power cord for 20 seconds (I actually went a little longer)

2.  Held down the # and 6 keys together and then plugged the power cord back in (still holding the keys).

3.  I held down # and 6 for about 10 more seconds after plugging the power cord back in and didn't get any messages but once I released them  I was able to turn the power on.

The printer then printed an alignment page and I was good to go.

I can't believe this worked, I thought the printer was broken.

Good luck!

Honor Student
Short-Circuit
Message 4 of 32 (15,787 Views)

Hi,

About 2 weeks ago I was working on my PC when, without warning, the lights of the HP Photosmart C7280 All-In-One Printer began flashing.   The printer was off at the time and not connected to my PC.   Unable to power on/off the unit, I disconnected the power and waited about 1 minute before restoring power.   Upon restoring the power I was able to turn on, print and turn off without incident for about 2 weeks.  

Last night I came home to find the lights flashing on the printer AGAIN, displaying the same error code: B851FE84.   The "remedy" of performing a factory reset doesn't  work.  This morning while working on my PC, while the printer was off, the problem occurred yet AGAIN.   This is getting to be very annoying.

Searching on-line I see the problem occurs in other models.  Instructions to cause a factory reset is a quick fix and a bad one at that.   Customers are required to reset printer options, including secutiry settings.   If customer is in a rush and forgets to set his/her security settings ... well we know what happens.  

Does HP offer a solution to fix the problem?   

Student
salliehelen
Message 5 of 32 (15,213 Views)

Can't get my HP 7680C Photosmart printer to stop flashing. Reprogrammed it, does nothing, wont turn on wont turn off. It seems like I'm not the only one that went through this. It really makes me mad because I just bought ink for it. Does any body have a easy fix for me. My computer skills are limited.:smileysad:

Honor Student
tim-au
Message 6 of 32 (14,065 Views)

I recently had the same problem with an HP Photosmart C7280, the same model as yours. I eventually managed to get through to HP Technical Support, and they advised that the unit would have to be replaced.

Before calling technical support, I tried all the steps that have been recommended in various posts (the printer reset with *6, removing/reinserting ink cartridges, using a different power outlet in my house, etc), but nothing helped. To the best of my knowledge - and I really tried to get my printer working - the unit is dead.

(Although this is an old post, I came across it when trying to fix the same issue. So, hopefully this will help anyone else who stumbles upon this post. Some other codes my printer showed on the HP "blue screen of death" were B83FCB56, B0075110 and B02BAEC3.)

Regards

Tim

Honor Student
minyos68
Message 7 of 32 (13,048 Views)

I have the same problem but managed to reset the printer to factory default and it worked.

As per Remy8MyBluetooth email below:

1. I unplugged the power cord for 20 seconds (I actually went a little longer)

2. Held down the # and 6 keys together and then plugged the power cord back in (still holding the keys).

3. I held down # and 6 for about 10 more seconds after plugging the power cord back in and didn't get any messages but once I released them I was able to turn the power on.

Honor Student
minyos68
Message 8 of 32 (13,044 Views)

I have exactly the same problem but if you follow what Remy8MyBluetooth described in his previous post by resetting the printer to default, it will work.

Honor Student
minyos68
Message 9 of 32 (13,038 Views)

next time I will not buy HP again due to this experience.

Honor Student
jwheel9862
Message 10 of 32 (11,023 Views)

the lights blink  i get all kinds of error tried the reset *6 this works but only for a short time Help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation