HP Photosmart C7280 (16106 Views)
Top Student
jgammo
Message 21 of 32 (2,585 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C7280

Please see the post by denking27 of 11/16 to get the correct capacitors #'s. I bought mine for MCM Electronics. You might wish to check with denking27 as to where he purchased the ones he used.

Hope this helps. 

Top Student
Nbat
Message 22 of 32 (2,532 Views)

Isn't there anyware to get repaired or refurbished circuit boards for the 7280. I hate to give up on this thing. Up until this started its been a great printer.
Top Student
jgammo
Message 23 of 32 (2,529 Views)

Hi,

You can Google the part number which is either a CC564-80035 Rev. A or CC564-80023. I purchased a non-working C7280 from an ebay vendor for about $60 and used the circuit board from that one to fix my printer. I never could get my original board to work after replacing the bad capacitor. It is best if you get the correct part for your printer, because if you don't  you will need to modify the part the board attached to because the attachment holes on the 80023 are different than the ones on the 80035. Also the CMOS battery is in a different location which will require you to bend the part where the board attaches and you will only be able to get a couple of the screw holes to line up properly. I bought the non-working printer from wickfordcomputer. You will find that the boards cost from $95 to $141. I also saw one 80023 listed for under $50.

Hope this help. Good luck.

Top Student
Nbat
Message 24 of 32 (2,524 Views)

Thanks for you're help. I guess I might as well sent it to " printer heaven". I got a new 8600 Pro Plus direct from HP. They were on sale for $70.00 off plus an additional $50.00 off also. Seems to work great, nice to be able to print from IPAD. I did however get the next business day exchange on this one for 3 years. I still think HP makes the best printer at least as far as being solidly built, case, paper trays, etc. Some of the others are so flimsy. Do you know of any currently available HP that uses 02 ink. I could use another just plain printer and have some ink left over. THANKS AGAIN
Top Student
jgammo
Message 25 of 32 (2,513 Views)

I am not aware of any new printers that use the 02 ink cartridges; however some of the older one might.You could try researching the internet to see if one exists.  If you have new cartridges, you can sell them on ebay.

Good luck with your new printer.  

Honor Student
Begonia
Message 26 of 32 (2,199 Views)

Hi HP.  Can you please respond to our error messages?

Honor Student
Mongrel1999
Message 27 of 32 (2,103 Views)

The same thing just happened to me. I came straight to this site and found the answer from you guys. The # and 6 held for 10 seconds seems to have worked. Thanks a million. And HP techy who told somebody to throw the machine away.... Get a job as a roadsweeper or something. Maybe you will learn the value of money and the morality of the throw away society.

Honor Student
punk9999
Message 28 of 32 (1,875 Views)

I'm sorry to say that I have two failures to report.I'm not expecting any result here, just want document my issues.

First off, my own 7280.

After two and a half years of loyal service, it failed. On startup, there was a snap, and then the sound of gears ripping their teath off. Carriage Jam reported on the screen .Any attempt to clear the jam results in the gears making that un-God like noise.

As it was out of warrenty, I opened it up. On the left hand side, it looks like a small piece of plastic has snapped off. The only thing I can think of, is this then fell into the path of carriage which then dragged the broken piece along. The carriage is now completely jammed in its right hand docking bay.  I did look to see if there was a way to get into that part, but gave up. If anyone has any idea how I could free / remove the head carriage I'd be interested in knowing how.

The second 7280 is owned by my Dad purchased the same time.

Like others on this thread, lights are flashing all the time. I will try the suggestions here to see if it helps. If not I will swap the PCB out of my printer which I assume is scrap now.

I'm not pleased with the longevity of the unit. I expected the thing to last at least 8 years. Under 3 is poor especially considdering the price was at the higher end of the home market.

My rating of my 7280 before if self destructed ;

Pros:  Reliable printer - fast with good results, good with ink excluding value packs

Cons: Bloated software and badly written.

( it caused the 3 PCs on my network to fail to shut down properly)

Over all rating : Good, no regrets with purchase.

After?

HP will have to provide a free 5 year warrenty before I buy their brand again. Perhaps I've just been unlucky but hey, I expected a better lifespan but didn't get it.

Student
xoxjwxox
Message 29 of 32 (1,852 Views)

This worked for me!  Thanks!

Student
jgammons
Message 30 of 32 (1,833 Views)

Hi,

You can find out how to disassemble your C7280 by Googling "disassembly of an HP C7280 printer". The site you want is NADDALIM.COM. It is really about how to clean the scanner glass, but I think it will let you get to the carriage.

I have an old C7280 that I took the PCB from to fix my printer and I would be happy to send you a part if you can identify what you need.

Hope this help. Take care.

Jerry (actually jgammo)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation