15 years Compaq & HP user and the first time I want to burn my PC!  :smileymad:

Right now using an HP Touch Smart with the following details:

Model #: 610-1020a
Product #: BZ523AA#ABG
Serial #: {Removed for privacy}
Software Build #: 11AP1ARW606#SABG#DABG
Service ID #: 092-711
PCBRAND: HP

which is connected to a HP Photosmart C903a All-in-one Printer.

At first everything was fine but for the last couple of weeks having issues with my HP products. There is a message popping in the middle of the screen - "The feature you are trying to use is on a cd-rom or other removable disk that is not available" and asking me to "Insert the "SolutionCenter" disk and click OK" - which is impossible as I do not have the software CD anymore. After checking hundreds of sites, know that some sort of an "msi" file is corrupt or missing. I have downloaded and installed the printer software multiple times, deleted and installed them again, run all sorts of tests and the message is still there and my frustration is getting uglier!

Even when I have uninstalled the printer software, that message is still popping up and annoying me. Not using the printer anymore and thinking of returning the PC back to Harvey Norman. I am so close to dump the PC there and ask for a refund. Is there anyone having (preferred had earlier but not anymore) the same issue? Can you please make some offers which you think might help? Any help is more than welcome!

Best Regards,

OZALP

Tutor
OZALP
Message 2 of 3 (1,137 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C903a All-in-one Printer

[ Edited ]

Will appreciate if anyone with a similar issue (earlier) can help me?! Thanks heaps!

P.S: I have ound the installation CD which is for VISTA and XP if it helps!

Retired
SedonaF
Message 3 of 3 (1,129 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart C903a All-in-one Printer - the biggest pain

Hi OZALP,

I'm sorry but this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/summary/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thank you.

Clicking the "Kudos star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!

When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking the "Accept as Solution" button to help other members in the future!

Rules of Participation
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation