Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Photosmart C4280 All in one:

HPPhotosmartEssential.msi is missing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I figured out how to get around this!  You need to follow exactly.

1. Download WINRAR (you can find this at RARLABS.COM
  2. Install WINRAR
  3. Once installed, download Photosmart Essentials from here: http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/index_ww_eng.html
  4. Ok, so here is the slightly tricky part.  Once the file is downloaded, you need to right click the file, pse_350_enu, and then select "extract to pse..." (whatever it showes)
  5. Lastly, if you are having the same problem as we were, then go to the window that says "cannot find file", click browse, and point it to where you extracted the contents of the pse_350_enu file. 
  6. That's it!  It will eat it up, and the vicous cycle is over.
  7. Enjoy!

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

Right, same on the c309A printer. Cannot find an HP answer that deals with this issue. The file is on the Install disk but will also not load.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and have spent hours tyring to get it fixed with nothing but frustration.

HP Recommended

I just got an photosmart d110 and i am have the same problem.

HP Recommended

I figured out how to get around this!  You need to follow exactly.

1. Download WINRAR (you can find this at RARLABS.COM
  2. Install WINRAR
  3. Once installed, download Photosmart Essentials from here: http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/digital_photography/free/software/index_ww_eng.html
  4. Ok, so here is the slightly tricky part.  Once the file is downloaded, you need to right click the file, pse_350_enu, and then select "extract to pse..." (whatever it showes)
  5. Lastly, if you are having the same problem as we were, then go to the window that says "cannot find file", click browse, and point it to where you extracted the contents of the pse_350_enu file. 
  6. That's it!  It will eat it up, and the vicous cycle is over.
  7. Enjoy!
HP Recommended

your problem solver for hhphotosmartessencial trying to load at computer boot up worked a treat except I had to load the (pse_350_enu)program then used the uninstall file within the program which removed the annoying little swine at boot up.

Thanks very much, and  may you continue to keep solving the  hp glitches in the future I have had quite a few over the years that I have had Hp printers (I'm on my 5th one).

thanks again'

Grafar

HP Recommended

Same thing happened on my Photosmart C5540 All-in-One.  I was really glad to get that thing unstalled and working properly.

What could have caused it?

HP Recommended

thank you so much CHLYWILY !!!! i have been fighting this issue for days !!!!  you have saved my sanity!!!

HP Recommended

Suddenly I cannot use scan without a message appearing stating I needd to install scan.msi.  Help.  gctollett

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help ..it was driving me crazy !!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.