Question

Top Student
doughboy0
Message 1 of 3 (3,863 Views)

HP Photosmart Plus 2011 (Product No. CN216B, Model No. B210a) shows error 0x61011beb

Hello,

I have just received the HP Photosmart Plus 2011 today that I ordered on Amazon.fr. After opening and installing the printer, I powered it on, it went through the welcome screen and told me to install the cartridges (with a demo playing, that I watched carefully). I powered it off, installed them, powered it back on. It recognized the cartridges and told me to load paper so it can print a test report. Before putting the paper in the tray, even before touching the printer, it showed the 0x61011beb error.

I restarted the printer but after some time, even without doing anything, the printer shows the same error.

I have read a lot of threads about this error on this forum, but the given solutions did not help. I have tried all those steps:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01458034

I've also read that you have to quickly print a test report (before the error shows up) and quickly cancel it, but it did not do the trick. 

But alas, none of the given solutions managed to solve the problem. There's no paper jam, snice it never took any sheet of paper, the errors appears before or during the preperation of the printing process. Except service the printer, which I would like to avoid unless it is absolutely necessary.

I'd like to bring your attention to the second reply on this topic, on a french forum:

http://www.commentcamarche.net/forum/affich-20549885-hp-photosmart-plus-2011-err-0x61011beb

Translation:

"hi, same for me (0x61011beb error) 

but i found the solution with my HP C310a

the error is due to the driving drum that won't work (not related with paper jam, cartridges or the hp software), so i removed the right pane of the printer, put back a little piece of plastic into three slots that made the printer work again."

So if, like me, you can't wait more days until you have a working printer and don't want to send it back to get a replacement, this might be the solution? I'm fully aware that doing this may cancel the warranty. My question is which fasteners hold the right side of the printer, how do I remove it? I found only two, on the back and on the bottom when the printer is open, but the side doesn't come off. 

Thanks

Student
lassic
Message 2 of 3 (2,320 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus 2011 (Product No. CN216B, Model No. B210a) shows error 0x61011beb

that was totally what it was!!! i also noticed the plastic case had been jarred and one of the tabs that keep the case sealed had slipped loose as if jarred durring shipping. The cog wheel had came loose inside the case and all i had to do was click it back into place, works like a charm!  Thanks for the tip!

Student
manobili
Message 3 of 3 (2,231 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus 2011 (Product No. CN216B, Model No. B210a) shows error 0x61011beb

hi i am having the same problem but cant understand the sulotion you told can you describe it briefly pls

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation