Question

Top Student
chinarut
Message 1 of 7 (3,162 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium C310 doesn't feed photo paper

[ Edited ]

Hi!  I have a Photosmart Premimum C310 that won't feed photo paper when I print over AirPrint from my iPhone

the lower 8.5x11" tray feeds paper just fine for non-photo prints.

We've tried to reduce/increase the amount of photo paper and even put new photo paper (to make sure it's not curved) and it still won't grab the 4x6 paper.    we've jiggled it around quite a bit and maybe 1 time out of 20 it will actually grab the photo paper - this is really frustrating - the printer is less than 6 months old!

any advice is appreciated.

Honor Student
bethyboop007
Message 2 of 7 (3,111 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium C310 doesn't feed photo paper

I have the exact same problem. Doesn't feed photo paper, but feeds 8x10 just fine.

Did you find a solution?

Top Student
chinarut
Message 3 of 7 (3,106 Views)

wow - today is your lucky day  - we got it to work today :smileyhappy:

what I was doing before was making the grey thing on the left push flush to the photo paper.

turns out the printer is happier if u leave a millimeter or two of space (to the point where it's not even a neat stack anymore)

so loosen it up and hope it works for you too!

Honor Student
bethyboop007
Message 4 of 7 (3,104 Views)

That helped! Prior to adjusting the tray I did get it to finally print after I filled the photo tray completely full of paper. Now it grabs the paper about every other time.

Do your photos turn out a different color that what appears on the computer screen? My photos print darker with a slightly reddish hue. Doesn't look at all like the color on the monitor and i know the settings are fine on the computer/Picasa.

Top Student
chinarut
Message 5 of 7 (3,102 Views)

glad you got it to work!  for the record, putting more photo paper didn't work to me - it was more of the guide putting too much pressure on the paper and loosening it a bit.

at risk of going off topic, my colors do not match the screen - i was a bit disappointed today too.   you may wish to search this forum for other people with the same issue and see what they say.

Top Student
Chapps
Message 6 of 7 (2,456 Views)

Man, I wish your solution worked for me. The photo tray on my C310 has never worked. I can see the tray slide into the printer when printing begins, then it spins a bunch of things around, and eventually slides the tray back out, and says 'Load paper into photo tray'. It doesn't matter how many or few sheets of photo paper I add to the tray, and cleaning doesn't work.

Help - I have to print out my passport photo to get a quick renewal, and I'm stuck.

Student
berg_ol_clevela
Message 7 of 7 (150 Views)

anyone ever get help on this bug? mine just started. did HP build something in if i refill their cartridge it won't feed the photo paper? 8.5 x 11 works fine. Just the photos not loading. tried all the tips above.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation