Question

Student
davy55
Message 1 of 8 (4,093 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium C410

Hi,

We have purchased the HP Photosmart Premium e-All-In-One C410 and have installed the software on a laptop running XP.  The printer worked fine the first day, but after turning the printer off at the end of the day and turning it on the next day, the printer no longer can be found in the HP Solution Center or on the computer under Printers and Faxes.  I tried installing the software again, but we're still encountering the same problem.  I ran a wireless network test report and the report indicated that the printer is connected to our wireless network.  Thanks and help!

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 2 of 8 (4,077 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium C410

Download and run this utility: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e17-1&h_keyword=dg-NDU&ju...

What does it say?

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
blucy2
Message 3 of 8 (4,050 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium C410 Software Install problem

My  Photosmart  410a scanner quit working.  Next thing I know Solution Center not working.  Ran diagnostics says no software, so I uninstalled and installed full version from internet.  It isn't showing up, still not working.  I do not have my disk, but have software disk from a Photosmart C4795, is that compatible to try to load that one?  I have no idea why it won't work.  I had been working on this 2 days now.  Not sure why it won't recognize the download.

Any ideas appreciated? 

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 4 of 8 (4,049 Views)

Did you load this software: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-84595-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

The C4795 will not work with your 410, sorry.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
blucy2
Message 5 of 8 (4,039 Views)

Is a software disk/driver for a photosmart premium  c309 compatible with a photosmart premium c410a?   I have tried downloading software/driver online and it will not work.  I am at wits end...

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 6 of 8 (4,037 Views)

Did you restart your PC just after you uninstalled the software, before installing from hp.com?  If not, try that.

I am employed by HP
Honor Student
blucy2
Message 7 of 8 (4,035 Views)

I did, but will try again.  Can't believe it won't work.  When I plug in printer it says new hardware found, install I do all that and it then says can't find software for it.   (This is after uninstall, reboot, download software)....  if this doesn't work, will the c309 be compatible?

Provost
PrintDoc
Message 8 of 8 (4,033 Views)

The last two digits in the model number indicate the year in which the printer was introduced.  For example, the C410 was introduced in 2010 ('10).  If you want to try other software keep it to the Cx10 series.

I am employed by HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation