Question

Tutor
sjshowal
Message 1 of 3 (423 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium series - C309 - Ink usage question

My mother has a HP Photosmart Premium series - C309 printer and has only printed emails containing regular black text. She has used a LOT of color ink printing these emails and almost no black ink. Is there a setting she is missing that is using composite black instead of real black thereby using yellow, magenta, and cyan to mix to simulate black?

Student
Kurt_E_Clothier
Message 2 of 3 (325 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium series - C309 - Ink usage question

I have the same problem with my printer; however, I have found that you can set the defualt to "fast draft" in the printer settings. This setting will use a LOT less ink and print the page in a second.

Intern
CroMag_7695
Message 3 of 3 (322 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium series - C309 - Ink usage question

This printer will pull a little bit of color, even when printing just black.  The way the printhead is arranged, it has to use some color in order to keep the printhead from burning up.  As mentioned in the previous post, you can set the quality to fast draft to use less ink, but I don't believe you can set it to use black only.  Welcome to the world of home printing.  The whole system is designed to keep you buying cartridges just as often as possible.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation