HP Photosmart Premium will not shut down (8302 Views)
Honor Student
vamor
Message 1 of 23 (8,302 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium will not shut down

Hello,

I recently bought a HP Photosmart Premium. After installing it on my XP-pc, connected through a usb wire, he printed a callibration page. But after installation it was no longer possible to shut the printer down.

Pushing the power-button has no result at all.

Pushing any other button has no result neither.

Nothing on the little screen changes.

For now, the only option I have to shut down the printer is to pull out the power plug!!! Which I suppose is not very good for the printer...

Please help me!

Thanks

Rueben

Top Student
BabakB
Message 2 of 23 (8,286 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Premium will not shut down

Please let me know what is the exact printer that you have? You should be able to read that off from the front of your printer. Also, do have you fax with this printer or do you use this functionality?

BabakB

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
vamor
Message 3 of 23 (8,256 Views)

On the front it just says

HP Photosmart Premium

Print - Fax - Scan - Copy

As you can see the printer also has faxing capability's but I won't be using this functionality any time soon...

I can print documents from any program on my computer. In the printmenu it says my printer is a "HP Photosmart C309a series".

The strange thing is the buttons on the printer itself seem to be stuck somehow. Any button I push has no result at all. The power button (which is very annoying as the printer won't shut down), the "copy"-button, ... no reaction at all...

kind regards,

Rueben Van Mol

Honor Student
KathyL
Message 4 of 23 (8,222 Views)

My HP Photosmart Premium 4 in 1 will not shut down when I press the on/off button.  It is like it is in a 'sleep' mode and the only way to shut it down is to unplug it. 

Can someone tell me what to do to repair it.  I can't handle another call to HP!

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 5 of 23 (8,212 Views)

Have you tried installing THIS firmware update?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
dday
Message 6 of 23 (8,030 Views)

My printer will not shut down after I hit the off button. It has been in shutting down mode for the last 10 minutes. 

Student
thisiscrap
Message 7 of 23 (7,679 Views)

I have the same problem.  The printer will not shut down if I use the front panel power button...it doesn't matter how long I wait.  I also find I have to toggle the power (i.e. unplug and plug back in)  if I want to use the copy function after printer has been on for any period of time.  I have not tried upgrading the firmware as a previous commentor suggested as the problem description in no way matches my problem and I am not interested in creating additional headaches for myself.

Student
adanger
Message 8 of 23 (7,221 Views)

DexterM wrote:
Have you tried installing THIS firmware update?

I am having the same problem. My HP PhotoSmart Premium C309a will not print. The screen is black, ON/Off button and WiFi light is lit. Hiting or holding down the ON/Off button will not shut the printer down. I have deleted all HP products from my PC and re-downloaded all drivers off the HP Web site several times. This process has not worked, I loaded the drivers in my XP laptop and the printer worked fine.  I am running a 64bit Windows 7 PC and when I downloaded the Cridical update at   Http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-71370-2&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...  for 22134-hpcom-c109a-fw-update-v4.exe I recieved the error message this "package not intented for Windows 7 64 bit" I at my wits end with this. Got anymore help???

Honor Student
masadeo
Message 9 of 23 (7,135 Views)

I have the Premium C309 on a Mac with Snow Leopard. My printer won't shut down and just continues to display "Shutting Down." What can I do?

Honor Student
costumealibi
Message 10 of 23 (7,001 Views)

Same problem here. When I try to print, it says printer is offline. I can't shut it down either. I have to unplug, then replug, then print. Very annoying

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation