HP Photosmart driver download for windows 8 ? (4858 Views)
Honor Student
cluvdee
Message 1 of 7 (4,858 Views)

HP Photosmart driver download for windows 8 ?

I just bought an HP Envy dv7 laptop.  I have a HP Photosmart 7660 printer, for which it looks like there is no windows 8 driver download available yet ?  My printer still works and I would prefer NOT to have to buy another one because I can't get the windows 8 driver.  Any ETA as to when this will be resolved ??

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 7 (4,852 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart driver download for windows 8 ?

Hi,

Please check these to see if your printer was in the lists:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03168175&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

1. If yes, you can download driver for it now.
2. If no, you have to wait longer and driver(s) may not come.

Please note: Developing new products is much cheaper and quicker than fixing old products.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
cluvdee
Message 3 of 7 (4,850 Views)

Thanks, BH.  I am disappointed in HP.  I guess it is easier to throw away working printers than providing a solution to working with windows 8?  Hope HP is not considering themselves a "green" company.

Honor Student
Coogar2004
Message 4 of 7 (4,155 Views)

What is going on with HP??? Do you want to lose customars? I have this perfect working printer, but even for Vista and Windows 7  I had to choose some other driver then  for HP Photosmart 7660, but the printer worked and now i have a new L laptop with Windows 8 and there is no way to use my printer. Shame on HP that cannot / will not provide drivers for Windows 8 for this printer.

If it turns out I have to buy a new one, it will not be a HP!

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 5 of 7 (4,146 Views)

Hey Coogar2004,

I see you are trying to connect your Photosmart 7660 to your Windows 8 PC.  The instructions on the HP site for the Windows 7 OS instruct to use the Deskjet 5600 driver in the Windows Update section of the Add a Printer feature.  Please see the link below for this information.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01796821&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=305...

• Try following these same instructions, but on Windows 8 as the Deskjet 5600 driver should appear when selecting Windows Update on the Add a Printer window.  

If the driver does not prepopulate, then please let me know if you are using Windows 8 64bit or 32bit and I will provide a link to the direct download of the driver file/cab files from the Windows Update Catalog from Microsoft.

Jason

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Honor Student
Coogar2004
Message 6 of 7 (4,129 Views)

Thanks for your tips, but I tried that already.

I have downloaded the driver you mentioned, but my printer does not react. It just refuses to accept a print order. I have de-instaled the driver and reinstalled it but to no avail.

Please let me know what to do no.  My printer works perfectly on my Vista Laptop  (Compaq) but not on my windows 7  ( Packard Bell netbook) or windows 8  (Asus) laptops.

Up until last week monday I had a HOp 9013 ( Vista) , but the motherboard broke down and the printer worked perfectly on that one too.

Greetings,

Philip

Honor Student
Coogar2004
Message 7 of 7 (4,128 Views)

Oh I use  windows 64 not 32

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation