Question

Honor Student
HoneyII
Message 1 of 3 (1,267 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Printer Assistant - Officejet Pro 8500A

[ Edited ]

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500A A190.  It is installed as a wired network printer and I have the HP Printer software installed on two different computers on the network.  Recently when I open the printer uiltity, it appears to have changed.  I have 4 options to choose (HP Printer Assistant, See What's Printing, Set Prefernces, and Customize your Printer).  When I opened the printer consule, it used to take me directly into the HP Printer Assistant Utility.   This in and of itself is not an issue.

The issue is that when I try to open the HP Printer Assistant Utility, nothing happens.    The HP Printer Assistant Utility allows me to run maintenance on the printer (ie clean print heads), check the ink levels of the cartridges, scan, and much more.  I can no longer open the HP Print Assistant Utility from either computer.  I would say something changed in the last week or so.   This is affecting both computers.  I have even uninstalled all the HP printer software from one of the computers and reinstalled it.  Nothing changed.

Any thoughts?

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 3 (1,262 Views)

Re: HP Printer Assistant - Officejet Pro 8500A

Hi,

Try removing the software completely by going to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Officejet Pro 8500 A910 and follow the Uninstall option.

Next go to Control Panl > Programs and Features > Uninstall a Program and remove any reminders of the software (e.g. HP Customer Participation, Readi Iris OCR, etc.)

Download and install the latest software below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-109378-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...

Then check for any change while accessing the printer software.

Please let me know if that helps,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Honor Student
HoneyII
Message 3 of 3 (1,208 Views)

Re: HP Printer Assistant - Officejet Pro 8500A

This worked, thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation