HP Pro OfficeJet 8500 A909 Scanner Error - HP Imaging Device was not found? (451 Views)
Top Student
Odinsleipner
Message 1 of 5 (451 Views)

HP Pro OfficeJet 8500 A909 Scanner Error - HP Imaging Device was not found?

Started receiving this message on a workstation in my office after the network adapter updated. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the HP Officejet 8500 v14 software and continue to get the same error. I have updated the network driver, have all windows 7 64 bit updates installed. The printer works perfectly, just can't scan.

Tutor
Yaniv14
Message 2 of 5 (311 Views)

Re: HP Pro OfficeJet 8500 A909 Scanner Error - HP Imaging Device was not found?

Make sure scan to computer is activated,

and also check windows 7 services (services.msc) to see that Shell Hardware Detection & Windows Image Acquisition are both Automatic & started.

Good Luck

Top Student
Odinsleipner
Message 3 of 5 (309 Views)

Those are set to automatic and started. This printer worked perfectly for 14 months and then all of a sudden started this problem. There are five computers in my office, all running windows 7, all built by myself and only my system is having this issue. In the original post there were several other people with this problem and they have all but given up. If you google this problem there appears to be endless results. I have used a driver scrubber, reinstalled the software multiple times and still get the same problem everytime. It seems pretty apparent that there is a windows 7 issue with the HP Driver and it needs to be corrected by HP.

Top Student
sdstrat
Message 4 of 5 (264 Views)

Amen.

Tried everything and got the same results with the same printer but two different computers...both WIN7 (64).  HP Scan is simply not launching and my computers were not listed on the printer.  And like one other member, Scan to Computer did work when I initially migrated into the new, current computer.  Now it doesn't.

Here's what I tried with no luck:

1.  Uninstall reinstall (several times) through downloads...once with the CD distribution from HP.

2. Diable my virus detection software...Trend Micro.

3. Reinstal as WIN 7 (32) system.

4. Enable remote access.

5. And all those fruitless things the HP diagnositc tool suggests...like restart the printer...really?

I have hundreds of photos I want to digitize; so if anyone out there in the digital world had had this issue and solved it, please share your solution.

BTW:  The 8500A plus works fine in every other way...including Scan to Email; so the scan capability is there, it's just the transfer to the computer that seems to be AFU.

Top Student
skent4uf
Message 5 of 5 (245 Views)

It would really be nice if someone on the HP Support Team could escalate this issue to development.  Like many others, I've tried all the same approaches with the exact same results.  I have had the A909G working perfectly in the past, but as soon as I went from WinXP to Win7 64 bit that is when the fun all started.  The specific error code I continue to see is 8,[(1,0,-2147221164)].

I've now spent hours installing, uninstalling, scrubbing, scan doctoring, configuring services but nothing makes a difference - Windows simply will not recognize my scanner through the HP driver.  Windows IA through twain works fine.  HP please end the madness - we're losing faith.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation