Question

Honor Student
conqurer
Message 1 of 3 (1,928 Views)

HP Psc 1210 scanning but not printing

1. Product Name and Number: HP Psc 1210

2. Operating System installed (if applicable): Win 7 Enterprise (32 Bit) 

3. Error message (if any): I have connected the printer to the computer, computer automatically installed the driver, when i push scan button on printer it scans the image on the glass and i see it on computer, but when i try to print any document (doc, pdf, jpg, etc) printer dialog box does not show the hp psc 1210 printer, i see other printers in the list. i have checked devices and printers in win 7, hp psc 1210 icon appears with a yellow "!" sign on it. i choose troubleshoot but it starts and ends at a point but nothing changes. please help, i cannot use the printer

4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred: I have just plugged to my win 7 computer (as you imagine Psc 1210 is an old printer there may be driver issues)

thanks in advance

Grad Student
BharathKumarK
Message 2 of 3 (1,919 Views)

Re: HP Psc 1210 scanning but not printing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query,

In order to resolve the issue, please click on Start and in start search type devmgmt.msc and pres ENTER. This will open the device manager. In the device manager window, please check you if you find any printer entry with the yellow exclamation or caution mark. If you find any, plase right click on it and then click on update driver software. In the Update driver Software, please click on "Search automatically for updated driver software".

If the Windows Operating system fails to update the drivers, please right click on the printer entry with the Yellow Exclamation or caution mark in the device manager and click on "Update Driver Software" and then click on Browse my computer for driver software.

Then click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" and then select Printers and click on Next. Then select manufacturer as HP and under Printers select HP PSC 1200 and click on next and follow the on screen instructions.

Then try to print and check. If the issue still persists, please restart the computer and then click on start and click on Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and printers window, please right click on the HP PSC 1210 printer icon and click on Printer Properties. In the printer properties window, please click on the "Advanced" tab. Then click on the New Driver button. Then select HP under the manufacturer and under Printers select "HP Deskjet  990c" and click on Next and then try to print.

If the issue still persists, please click on start and in start search type Services.msc and click on OK. In the services window, please right click on Print Spooler and click on restart. Once the spooler is restarted, please try to print and check.

This should resolve the issue.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Honor Student
conqurer
Message 3 of 3 (1,913 Views)

Re: HP Psc 1210 scanning but not printing

Ahh, problem still holds

>In order to resolve the issue, please click on Start and in start search type devmgmt.msc and pres ENTER. This will open the device manager. In the device manager window, please check you if you find any printer entry with the yellow exclamation or caution mark. If you find any, plase right click on it and then click on update driver software. In the Update driver Software, please click on "Search automatically for updated driver software".

- it searches for a time than says "windows can not find a software for your device"

>If the Windows Operating system fails to update the drivers, please right click on the printer entry with the Yellow Exclamation or caution mark in the device manager and click on "Update Driver Software" and then click on Browse my computer for driver software.

Then click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" and then select Printers and click on Next. Then select manufacturer as HP and under Printers select HP PSC 1200 and click on next and follow the on screen instructions.

- I founded the list of HP but there is not any printer called "HP PSC 1200"! there is only "HP PSC 1500 series" and "HP PSC 1600 series", i tried both of them but not working 

>Then try to print and check. If the issue still persists, please restart the computer and then click on start and click on Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and printers window, please right click on the HP PSC 1210 printer icon and click on Printer Properties. In the printer properties window, please click on the "Advanced" tab. Then click on the New Driver button. Then select HP under the manufacturer and under Printers select "HP Deskjet  990c" and click on Next and then try to print.

- there is not "advanced" tab on printer properties window! only "general" and "hardware" tabs exist. I selected properties under the "hardware" tab but there is not "New Driver" button there, then selected "update driver" button and "browse from computer" than "HP" but there is not "HP Deskjet  990c" selection there; only  "HP PSC 1500 series" and "HP PSC 1600 series" exist and not working

If the issue still persists, please click on start and in start search type Services.msc and click on OK. In the services window, please right click on Print Spooler and click on restart. Once the spooler is restarted, please try to print and check.

-I did that but nothing happened :smileysad:, thanks for your post but I need further help !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation