04-21-2010 12:45 AM
I have just installed my PSC1400 printer on a new laptop, together with the Solution Center software using the CD supplied with the printer.
The printer software and dialog box are ok, and the printer works fine.
HP Solution Center has installed in German Language, though. How can I change this. I have tried the usual uni´nstall and reinstall, but the samee.
The cd says there is enhlish langiuage support, but ther was no language option on the installation program.
(I am located in Germany, but previous installation on old laptop was fine in English)
04-21-2010 01:02 AM
Please uninstall your solution center through Add or Remove Program. Temporary change your location to United States from Control Panel -> Region Settings and Languages. Open a command prompt window, browse to your installation package, type in setup.exe -l ENU. This will force the installation to English. After this check your Solution Center. If it works, you may change your region back to Germany. Kindly let me know if it works.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
12-09-2010 01:50 AM
I have the same problem. I live in Germany but am English and I would therefore like to have Solution Center installed in English instead of German. I changed the region to United States and reinstalled the software but it still loads in German.
I tried to follow the instructions outlined by Nikonnet but I could not find the Setup.exe file as the file I downloaded from HP has the file name AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe which then extracts the installation components automatically. I think I found the setup.exe install file but when I went to the command prompt and typed setup.exe -l ENU I got the error message "setup.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".
There must be an easy way of changing the software language to English??
09-20-2012 09:03 AM
I had the same problem and tried the solution mentioned by the HP Programmer. I failed a few times but finally got it working. This procedure was run under Windows 7, with the HP Solution Centre and extra components already installed in German. This is the procedure that worked for me:
1. Run the installation program (the equivalent version of AIO_CDB_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe ... mine is the Windows 7 version now)
2. Ask it to de-install AL...ution centre. It should do so and then reboot the computer.
3. Go into Control Panel -> Region Settings and Languages (Systemsteuerung -> Region und Sprache)
4. I changed the region under Formate/Formats (Englisch - USA), Aufenthaltsiort/Location (Vereinigte Staadten/USA) and Keyboards and Languages (Englisch - USA). None of this worked, but it's worth selecting this just to be safe.
5. The one option that I think made the difference was the last tab (Verwaltung/Administrative), then I clicked on Gebietsschema Ändern/Change System Locale.
This will give you a warning message and you click Ja/Yes.
6. Then you select Englisch (USA)/English (USA).
This actually changes the registry settings for the language of your system for you and it will reboot your computer.
It will decompress the files with German dialog box, but when it gets to the menu, the "Install Product" option should be in English like it was with me.
It was a frustrating couple of hours to figure this out, which is why I thought I should post.
I hope this works for all of you.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)