Question

Honor Student
krauelly
Message 1 of 6 (2,216 Views)

HP Solution Center problem

i have an c8180 installed on a windows 7 64-bit operating system.  Until a couple of days ago the HP solution center worked well.  Now when i open it get this message:" Center can not run because device installation is incomplete"

i have unistalled and re-installed twice without success.  Does anyone know what has happened and how to fix it?

cheers, krauelly

Student
timf
Message 2 of 6 (2,185 Views)

Re: HP Solution Center problem

I have the exact same problem. This just started about 4 days ago. When I first install the software, solutions center pops up and works fine, but after a reboot, I get teh same error meesage that the software cannot run due to "device installation is incomplete"

Is there a fix out there?

Honor Student
bweusi
Message 3 of 6 (2,021 Views)

My problem was my HP Solution Center face was went blank. I know your problem may not be the same as mine, but how I sloved my problem was I just went to the control panel and uninstall only the "Solution Center" software. Then i went to the HP website and downloaded <http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=36451...>, 

Everything else failed, my CD didn't either. I uninstalled the whole package and then re-installed it. It still didn't work until I did what I wrote above. I think the HP.COM home page has the latest downlods and updates going. Just try it, it just might work!

Tutor
JSchmidt
Message 4 of 6 (1,988 Views)

I tried updating, downloading from the web, and reinstalling from the CD, I had the same problem with Windows Vista and each time I get the response from updates or reinstalls that a newer version is already installed.  I now have NO versions of Solution Center and Support is nonexistent unless you want to pay for it.  Without Solution Center, the printer is worthless.  Guess I will be shopping for ANOTHER printer, NOT HP

Student
Ltonyrock
Message 5 of 6 (1,516 Views)

I uninstalled then reinstalled my 4315 all in one and the solution center response is no devices are connected even though I got another message saying your device is ready for use.  So how can I repair or reestablish it.

Student
sadefran
Message 6 of 6 (656 Views)

I am having the same problem with my printer C4400 series.   Have been trying for days to download solution center so that I can scan from my printer....Does any one know the solution to this problem?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation