Question

Top Student
Bailey_kt
Message 1 of 27 (39,444 Views)

HP Solution Centre Missing and cant reinstall

I cannot get my HP Solution Center software work the frame of Solution Centre opens an is empty - I cant realign printer head, or perform a clean ect. I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice and each time is the same.
Intern
Darkkender
Message 2 of 27 (39,403 Views)

Re: HP Solution Centre Missing and cant reinstall

While this post would be better served in the Printers sub-forum I do have some familiarity with the solution center software.  Have you performed anything like a system recovery or a clean level 3 or 4 uninstall of the HP solution center software and drivers?  I would actually recommend if this is an HP computer you are on Never running the Level 4 uninstall.  Since the Level 4 uninstalls key windows components and all hp software some of the software shipped with the PC is actually tied into the OS that it can cause crashes on startup.  If you face having to do a Level 4 uninstall it is better to go ahead and recover your PC.

Now another factor of note is your OS if it is 64 bit Solution center has reduced functionality and most of the features are not available on the 64 bit Operating Systems.  If this is the case your problems will not be solved by uninstall/reinstall attempts.  What you will need to do is watch for newer versions and releases of solution center to be posted to the website.

Contract HP Technician. Over 15 years PC experience in a professional & non-professional capacity.
Top Student
Bailey_kt
Message 3 of 27 (39,448 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Sorry can you point me to the printer solution page. I don't understand why you suggest a PC restore. The software has worked fine for along time, then the frame appears on screen with no contents. I did uninstall and reinstall the printer but I can only see the frame and no contents of Solution Centre. How do I reinstall correctly or download the latest copy as it is making it difficult to use the printer correctly. Bailey_kt.
Teacher
ShawnaW
Message 4 of 27 (39,372 Views)

I moved the thread to printing for you.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 27 (38,793 Views)

Which printer?

Which operating system?

- Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
Dineshom
Message 6 of 27 (34,746 Views)

Please reply me on omengineers1991@gmail.com

( Dineshom )

Student
fawnhoney
Message 7 of 27 (32,567 Views)

i lost the software for my printer i got a new coupter i need to download the software for a 1610hp all-in-one help me
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 27 (32,556 Views)

fawnhoney wrote:
i lost the software for my printer i got a new coupter i need to download the software for a 1610hp all-in-one help me

I will assume this is a PSC 1610, if it is a different model please elaborate.  You can download the drivers (and updates) by selecting your operating system here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
bbbbobber
Message 9 of 27 (29,569 Views)

Help! I have the same problem with my Deskjet 5440. When I get to the Software and Drivers downloads, it only gives the option of 

“Installing the Product with the USB Cable and Using the window Update Driver Located in the Windows 7 Operating System”. I don't want the Windows 7 driver etc. I just need to download and install the HP Solutions Center which will provide the expanded options again for my printer.

Thanx for your help.

Honor Student
dbpaula
Message 10 of 27 (25,385 Views)

Please help me rectify this situation ~ it happens often ~Thanks,

dbpaula

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation