HP laserjet 2100 windows 8 drivers (2168 Views)
Student
edchin
Message 1 of 3 (2,168 Views)

HP laserjet 2100 windows 8 drivers

[ Edited ]

I have a HP laserjet 2100 printer.  It is connected to my network.  The printer works great using XP or Vista operating systems computers.    I just purchased two new HP computers with windows 8 - 64 bit operating system.  I can not find the drivers for this printer on your website.  All I can find is HP Printer Administrator Resource Kit when I search for windows 8 - 64 bit operating system.   Are there drivers that I can use?

Thanks,

ED

Honor Student
NormAtHome
Message 2 of 3 (2,160 Views)

Re: HP laserjet 2100 windows 8 drivers

Hi Ed:

There are many HP Laserjet printers where the drivers are either included in Windows or available through Window's update. Rather than try and download drivers directly from Microsoft just try and install the printer through "Devices and printers" in the control panel i.e. open the control panel, open Devices and Printers, click "Add a printer", select "Add a network, wireless or blutooth printer".  If your printer is discoverable on the network Windows should find it and allow you to install it with drivers that are included in Windows.

I myself have a Laserjet 2100TN and I used this method with Windows 7 without any problems, I haven't had that much hands on with Windows 8 just yet but I believe that the procedure hasn;t changed much between versions.

- Norm

Honor Student
NormAtHome
Message 3 of 3 (2,157 Views)

Re: HP laserjet 2100 windows 8 drivers

Sorry, that last message should have said "rather than try and download drivers from HP" not Microsoft, sorry for the type-o

- Norm

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation