11-26-2012 05:08 PM
I am baffled by the following problem.
I have a Dell XPS 8500 desktop running Windows 7 64 bit and a Dell laptop XPS 15 also running Windows 7 64 bit. I connected my HP laserjet 4050 to the laptop (I was previously using it with another computer running Windows XP); it worked fine straight off. I connected it to the desktop; it worked twice, and then stopped. Actually, it has not stopped completely. It lies there inert until I restart the computer; then it prints whatever I had asked it to print before the restart. I can't go on restarting the desktop whenever I want to print, and it seems to work fine with the laptop. Incidentally, it also works fine with a friend's laptop (I think that was an Acer) running Windows 7 64 bit.
Can anyone explain what is going on, and what I can do to make the printer work with my desktop?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation