Question

Honor Student
vnewatia
Message 1 of 7 (795 Views)

HP officejet L7580 install problem

I am using HP officejet pro L7580 over a network with windows 7 pro sp1 64 bit (Sony Vaio Z series). I have downloaded the full feature driver for L7580 for Windows 7 from the HP website. The installation completed successfully but on restarting the machine the printer disappears from the devices and printers and hp solution center does not start saying

HP solution centre cannot start because device installation not complete.

I have even installed Windows 7 Critical Update to enhance reliability of network connection but to no avail. I even performed an L4 uninstallation and then reinstalled the full feature driver. The software  gets installed on first time but disappears on restarting the laptop.

I then again uninstalled everything and installed the basic driver. Everything is working fine since then.

However i will want to have the complete functionality of full feature driver. Please help.

Intern
HPPRINTHERO
Message 2 of 7 (780 Views)

Re: HP officejet L7580 install problem

hello sorry for any inconveinience youve had installing your hp printer.. i am working on coming up with a resolution for your issue .. i do have one important tip though speaking from personal experience ... under no circumstance do you process the L4 uninstall.. it could effect any future installs and uninstalls.. the process you want to take whenever you uninstall is:

1. UNINSTALL FROM THE HP FOLDER BY GOING TO THE START MENU .. ALL PROGRAMS AND THE HP FOLDER SELECT THE OFFICE JET PRINTER OPTION AND CLICK UNINSTALL ... THAT IS THE LEVEL 1 UNISTALL

2 THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF UNINSTALLING YOU SHOULD EVER PROCESS IS THE LEVEL 3 (L3) AND THATS ONLY WHEN YOUVE ALREADY PROCESSED THE L1 , L2 THEN L3..

I WILL COME UP WITH AN ANSWER ON GETTING THE FULL FEATURE SOFTWARE AND DRIVERS...

I HAVE ONE QUESTION.. DID YOU HAVE TO INSTALL THE BASIC DRIVERS BECAUSE THE FULL FEATURE WOULDNT INSTALL SUCCESSFULLY???

i am hp employed but i am also speaking through personal experiences with printers i own as well
Honor Student
vnewatia
Message 3 of 7 (773 Views)

The full feature had to be uninstalled because I was unable to use my printer. The printer was not showing in the printers list. Therefore I had to install the basic driver which installed perfectly. 

For your information I had upgrade to win 7 sp 1 day before yesterday and I am facing problems from today

Intern
HPPRINTHERO
Message 4 of 7 (769 Views)

so the full feature installs successfully but whenever you power off your PC the drivers for you printer is removed by the time you power your PC back on, whenever you powered your PC off were there any updates processing during the time of shutdown? and are u still unable to launch SOLUTION CENTER??

i am hp employed but i am also speaking through personal experiences with printers i own as well
Honor Student
vnewatia
Message 5 of 7 (761 Views)

Yes the full feature installs successfully and I am also able to apply the critical update. I am also able to start HP Solution center then. However, on restart the printer disappears from the devices and printers menu and also the HP solution center does not start.

There are no updates during shut down or. startup. However, in certain instances i was seeing Windows trying to find device drivers for l7580 on starting which it could not find. In the device manger Officejet Pro L7580 appeared as an unknown device. Even tring to update the driver from the device manager did not help.

Honor Student
vnewatia
Message 6 of 7 (752 Views)

pls help... iam unable to find the solution

Student
Gmoney1
Message 7 of 7 (474 Views)

Hello

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation