Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Kyle,

The solution you offerred to turn off the ANNOYING two-sided copying for the HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus does not work for my Mac computer running OS X Version 10.9.4.

Do you have a solution I can try to turn it off?  Why does it need to be this difficult?!?

J

HP Recommended

Hello there! Welcome to the forums @4jsmith ,

I'd like to offer my suggestion to you. See this post by @ShlomiL that has resolved this issue before in regards to turning off duplex printing on a Mac.

Solution! Re: Disable duplex printing on HP7520 Mac OS X

I hope that helps, thanks for posting in the community, have a great day!:)

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I'm sorry but this solution does not work.  Even if the user attempts to save the current or most resent setting as a present (which you can can only after printing -- otherwise you cancel the new setting) the printer software defaults to the long-edge binding (duplex) printing.  This using a macbook pro with OSX 10.9.4; Word for Mac 2011 v.14.4.0; and HP Pro 8600.  Really silly .. as other users have suggested, should not be so difficult -- in fact intractable.  

HP Recommended

This problem still exists ... come on HP, what's the fix???  I'm wasting more paper throwing away stuff that's not appropriate for two-sided printing than I could ever save by using this feature.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a variation of the problem of duplex printing on the Officejet 8600 Pro N911a printer when using my mac (10.10.2).

When I was on a pc, I was able to scan  two-sided documents with this printer. I would put the paper in the auto feeder, let it copy the one side, then turn the pages around (not over) and feed the back side. This worked perfectly. Now I get my new mac (Nov. 2014), and I cannot find any menus that will allow me to scan two-sided paper. Currently, I click scan and the scanning starts immediately--I have no chance to deal with the two-sided feature which was explained earlier for printing. If I could do scan two-sided docs on a pc, shouldn't I be able to scan two-sided paper on my mac?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

I'll answer my own question. I finally called HP Support after I had struggled to resolve this issue myself. The technician install the drive for the HP Laserjet 8040 printer, saying this configuration works well for my 8600 printer. He did the installation for me, and now I am one happy camer!

HP Recommended

I don't consider loading the driver for some other printer to be a true solution - that software was never specifically tested for your printer so who knows what other gremlins you might be introducing into the mix???  Seriously - don't let HP off the hook with this hack ...

HP Recommended

Where is the "presets" you mention to ensure I don't have to adjust this setting every time?

Also, this preset was not previously in place - what changed?

HP Recommended

My 8600 just started printing on reverse this morning.  This has never happened before.  I did not change any settings.  I cannot find a setting to turn this off.  I'm using a Macbook Pro and printing from Word 2011 14.7.1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.