Question

Student
ISIGOR
Message 1 of 11 (3,071 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP officejet pro 8600 plus Fax confirmation

Hi, i need to know, is there a way to receive Fax confirmation after fax is sent, on email

instead of printing it every time?

I dont want it to print and waste ink & papar every time fax is sent. i know this option can be turned off

in Advaced fax settings Fax confirmation -> off, but still I want to receive feedback in email that fax is sent and everything is ok

I have HP officejet pro 8600 plus

thanks.

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 11 (3,058 Views)

Unfortunately, that’s not an option to have fax confirmation sent directly to your email. You are correct fax confirmation can be turned off from the front panel of the printer.
Student
tonykeno
Message 3 of 11 (2,998 Views)

Re: HP officejet pro 8600 plus Fax confirmation

I need to turn off the confirmation page that I get whenever I print anything.  This post says it can be done on the front of the printer but how?  Under what?  I've looked and found fax confirmation which I turned off AND IT STILL PRINTS. 

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 4 of 11 (2,984 Views)

@toneykeno, what type of confirmation page do you get when you print something from the printer or any program?

This post is for the FAX confirmation. Let me know what confirmation page is printing out, so I could assist you.
**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Honor Student
warmingtrends
Message 5 of 11 (2,813 Views)

Gary exactly how does one turn off the printed fax confirmation from the front panel of the 8600+

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 6 of 11 (2,802 Views)

Hi Warmingtrends,

I understand that you're trying to turn off fax confirmation on your faxes.  Try the steps below.

1.  On the front panel of your printer select the right arrow.

2.  Select Setup.

3. Select Fax Setup.

4.  Select Reports.

5. Select Fax Reports.

6.  Fax Confirmation.

7. Select off.

Let me know how it goes.

:smileyhappy:**If you find this helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. **:smileyhappy:

Honor Student
devicedoc
Message 7 of 11 (2,507 Views)

I WANT my HP 8600 to print a fax confirmation after a "send from the computer."

I go to the print dialog

select fax

put in phone number

send fax

confirmations ARE NOT printed, even though my setup says "print confirmation"

Honor Student
CaliforniaDude
Message 8 of 11 (1,831 Views)

I would very much like the ability to receive an EMAIL for the following activities:

Fax Confirmations (both receiving and sending)

Fax Error Report (both receiving and sending)

Neither the confirmations nor the reports need to be very detailed.  

Quite simply I'd like the ability to have an email sent to me for a Fax Confirmation that says how many pages were sent/received, and shows the phone number to which my fax machine was sending to/receiving from.    

For the Error Report, all I really need to know is that there was an error, throw in an ERROR code, and the phone number of the fax machine that I was sending to/receiving from.

I am not asking for any changes on the screen display of the Office Jet Pro; rather, such emails should be controlled solely from the HP Office Jet's  "Web Server" (accessible by logging into the printer via the printer's IP address).  On the Web Server, there is a tab called Settings, and under there is a sub-tab called Alert Settings... on that screen, I would simply add another section called "FAX ALERTS" and put in four check boxes:  Fax Send Confirmation, Fax Send Error, Fax Receive Confirmation, Fax Receive Error.

As a software engineer myself, I imagine it would be relatively trivial to add that capability into a firmware update.    

I also imagine that many of your customers would find this very valuable:  nobody wants to waste paper and ink on these types fo reports, and yet all of us would like a record of faxes that we have sent and received.  

How do I go about formally requesting that this feature be added?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 9 of 11 (1,800 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello CaliforniaDude,

What a great idea, I would like you to go ahead and Connect with HP. There you will find a form for all of your ideas and suggestions for Hewlett-Packard.

I hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Airborne8
Message 10 of 11 (1,014 Views)

Bless you, SIr!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation