11-25-2013 03:53 PM
I checked both your posts on this subject - neither of which indicate your printer model.
In general the answser is Yes, HP has a fix.
Whether or not the fix works for you depends in part on whether there is updated software for your printer.
You will need to reinstall a new version of the Full Feature Software from your printer's support page.
After you update the printer software, Restart / Reboot your computer and log in.
11-27-2013 10:11 AM
Tried that and once I was in the "Install" part of HP it gave me an error msg that asid it could not find the file or system. I have tried the HP doc and that did not work either. The Wizzard did not work either. My printer is a Photosmart D110a series. Still need help.
07-07-2014 05:35 PM
hi I have a similiar problem. I have photosmart C6380 - and recently upgraded to windows 8.1 - unistalled according to your directions - and downloaded the device softward from the hp website. while reinstalling getting error file missing errors.
The printer works - but I need the hp solutions center program to work and appear on my computer.
12-16-2014 12:22 PM
I have the same problem. I have a photosmart C6280 and I am running Windows 8.1. When I try to re-install the printer software and drivers, I get the same message that it cannot find the system file.
My printer is working, but I do not have the HP Solutions Center installed.
Does anyone know how to fix this.
03-15-2015 03:06 PM
this did not work for an HP C7280. I uninstalled and reinstalled the solution center.
I believe I wouild be better off with an Epson or Canon printer / AIO device
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation