Question

Honor Student
egis301
Message 1 of 4 (1,960 Views)

HP solution center does not recognize my printer l7780

I can print but that's it, when i click on HP solution it says there is no printer, same with the printer it does not show a pc hooked up. Yet there is one working wirelessly printing only and one hooked up via USB printing only.

Any Ideas?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 4 (1,948 Views)

Re: HP solution center does not recognize my printer l7780

Insert the installation disk into the PC. Now browse to the location X:\util\ccc (X being the drive letter of the CD drive the CD is in) and run the file Uninstall_L2.bat(do not run any other Uninstall_Lx file at this point) to uninstall the drivers. The PC should restart after this. Now install the software using the CD, and after it completes, try opening Solution Center again.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
egis301
Message 3 of 4 (1,913 Views)

Thanks, solutuions now does reconise via USB but still does not want to scan but will print. When I press scan to computer from the printer it says no scan options. going from solutions to scan I get an error #1706 and want me to locate a file from the CD I tried but no luck.

History:

It did work at on time, but on my laptop that I'm connected to via wirelessly had a fatal error when I tried to instal a 4500 series all in one. Saying the software was already installed and aborted the instal. I contacted HP and the tech did get everything running on my laptop to where I could use both printers on my laptop. If I connect my laptop via USB I can scan from solutions but not from printer to pc, and no way wielessly, but I can live with that. but this pc that is conected full time via USB I need to get working. 

Honor Student
egis301
Message 4 of 4 (1,901 Views)

HP # 8029110558 - service ticket

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation